VictorianVic•to•ri•an (vik tôr′ē ən, -tōr′-),USA pronunciation adj.
- of or pertaining to Queen Victoria or the period of her reign: Victorian poets.
- having the characteristics usually attributed to the Victorians, esp. prudishness and observance of the conventionalities.
- noting or pertaining to the architecture, furnishings, and decoration of English-speaking countries between c1840 and c1900, characterized by rapid changes of style as a consequence of aesthetic and philosophical controversy, technological innovations, and changes of fashion, by the frequent presence of ostentatious ornament, and by an overall trend from classicism at the start to romanticism and eclecticism at the middle of the period and thence to classicism again, with attempts at stylistic innovation occurring from time to time.
- noting or pertaining to the massive, elaborate work characteristic esp. of the period c1855–80, derived mainly from the Baroque and Gothic styles and characterized by the presence of heavy carved ornament, elaborate moldings, etc., by the use of strong and generally dark colors, by the frequent use of dark varnished woodwork, by the emphasis on geometrical form rather than on textural effects, and frequently by an effect of harshness.
- a person who lived during the Victorian period.
- a house in or imitative of the Victorian style.
Paintedpaint•ed (pān′tid),USA pronunciation adj.
- reproduced or represented in paint: a painted image.
- covered with a coating of paint: a painted chair.
feigned: a painted life.
- exaggerated or misrepresented: a luridly painted version of what really happened.
- covered with makeup, esp. to excess.
- brightly colored or multicolored (used in combinations).
Doordoor (dôr, dōr),USA pronunciation n.
- a movable, usually solid, barrier for opening and closing an entranceway, cupboard, cabinet, or the like, commonly turning on hinges or sliding in grooves.
- a doorway: to go through the door.
- the building, house, etc., to which a door belongs: My friend lives two doors down the street.
- any means of approach, admittance, or access: the doors to learning.
- any gateway marking an entrance or exit from one place or state to another: at heaven's door.
- lay at someone's door, to hold someone accountable for;
- leave the door open, to allow the possibility of accommodation or change;
be open to reconsideration: The boss rejected our idea but left the door open for discussing it again next year.
- lie at someone's door, to be the responsibility of;
be imputable to: One's mistakes often lie at one's own door.
- show someone the door, to request or order someone to leave;
dismiss: She resented his remark and showed him the door.
Trimtrim (trim),USA pronunciation v., trimmed, trim•ming, n., adj., trim•mer, trim•mest, adv.
- to put into a neat or orderly condition by clipping, paring, pruning, etc.: to trim a hedge.
- to remove (something superfluous or dispensable) by or as if by cutting (often fol. by off): to trim off loose threads from a ragged edge.
- to cut down, as to required size or shape: trim a budget; trim a piece of wood.
- [Aeron.]to level off (an airship or airplane) in flight.
- to distribute the load of (a ship) so that it sits well in the water.
- to stow or arrange, as cargo.
- to adjust (the sails or yards) with reference to the direction of the wind and the course of the ship.
- to decorate or adorn with ornaments or embellishments: to trim a dress with fur.
- to arrange goods in (a store window, showcase, etc.) as a display.
- to prepare or adjust (a lamp, fire, etc.) for proper burning.
- to rebuke or reprove.
- to beat or thrash.
- to defeat.
- to dress or array (often fol. by up).
- to assume a particular position or trim in the water, as a vessel.
- to adjust the sails or yards with reference to the direction of the wind and the course of the ship.
- to pursue a neutral or cautious policy between parties.
- to accommodate one's views to the prevailing opinion for reasons of expediency.
- trim one's sails. See sail (def. 11).
- the condition, order, or fitness of a person or thing for action, work, use, etc.
- the set of a ship in the water, esp. the most advantageous one.
- the condition of a ship with reference to its fitness for sailing.
- the adjustment of sails, rigging, etc., with reference to wind direction and the course of the ship.
- the condition of a submarine as regards buoyancy.
- a person's dress, adornment, or appearance.
- material used for decoration or embellishment;
- decoration of a store window for the display of merchandise;
- a trimming by cutting, clipping, or the like.
- a haircut that restores the previous cut to neatness without changing the hair style.
- something that is cut off or eliminated.
- [Aeron.]the attitude of an airplane with respect to all three axes, at which balance occurs in forward flight under no controls.
- [Building Trades.]finished woodwork or the like used to decorate or border openings or wall surfaces, as cornices, baseboards, or moldings.
- the upholstery, knobs, handles, and other equipment inside a motor car.
- ornamentation on the exterior of an automobile, esp. in metal or a contrasting color.
- pleasingly neat or smart in appearance: trim lawns.
- in good condition or order.
- (of a person) in excellent physical condition: Swimming is a good way to keep trim.
- [Obs.]good, excellent, or fine.
trim ′ly, adv.
trim ′ness, n.
Hi , this post is about Victorian Painted Door Trim Moldings (nice Door Frame Surround #3). This photo is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this picture is 524 x 669. It's file size is just 39 KB. Wether You ought to save It to Your laptop, you can Click here. You also also see more pictures by clicking the following image or read more at here: Door Frame Surround.
Create or the rooms were used-to prepare food, that sense of the kitchen. So that it can be mentioned the kitchen is one room that's often unpleasant and dirty since the Door Frame Surround is really a place to prepare and fit something carelessly due to the effects of the speed of cooking for a few recipes were burnt a such like.
Certainly you'll experience relaxed cooking, if your Door Frame Surround seems clean and clean. With a comfortable home, cooking is fun, along with the consequence is the maximum that your meals will taste because the flavor of food depends upon the disposition of individuals that are preparing.
Therefore it is now a great deal of kitchens which have an appealing model using an array of furniture for saving items or cooking equipment over a frequent basis so as not to fall apart. Perhaps for a lot of the simplest way to organize the kitchenware in the home would be to put in a hook or hook to maintain some cooking items which can be put.
Layout your kitchen into a minimalist home, employ your imaginative side to design a minimalist kitchen within your house, since the minimalist kitchen can be a kitchen that is built with a kitchen collection plus a lot of kitchen cupboards as you are able to utilize to put a cooking products. And that means you no further need-to develop hook or a hook in your kitchen to get a minimalist kitchen is complete.