Hardhard (härd),USA pronunciation adj., -er, -est, adv., -er, -est, n.
- not soft;
solid and firm to the touch;
unyielding to pressure and impenetrable or almost impenetrable.
- firmly formed;
tight: a hard knot.
- difficult to do or accomplish;
troublesome: a hard task.
- difficult or troublesome with respect to an action, situation, person, etc.: hard to please; a hard time.
- difficult to deal with, manage, control, overcome, or understand: a hard problem.
- involving a great deal of effort, energy, or persistence: hard labor; hard study.
- performing or carrying on work with great effort, energy, or persistence: a hard worker.
- vigorous or violent in force;
severe: a hard rain; a hard fall.
unbearable: hard luck.
rough: hard treatment.
severe: a hard winter; the hard times of the Great Depression.
- harsh or severe in dealing with others: a hard master.
- difficult to explain away;
undeniable: hard facts.
- that can be verified;
factual, as distinguished from speculation or hearsay: hard information.
- harsh or unfriendly;
bitter: hard feelings; hard words.
- of stern judgment or close examination;
searching: a hard look.
- lacking delicacy or softness;
not blurred or diffused;
clear and distinct;
harsh: a hard line; hard features; a hard face.
- (of a photograph) contrasty.
- severe or rigorous in terms: a hard bargain.
- sternly realistic;
unsentimental: a hard, practical man; a hard view of life.
tough: a hard character.
- [Scot. and North Eng.]niggardly;
- in coins or paper money as distinguished from checks, securities, promissory notes, or other negotiable instruments).
- (of paper money or a monetary system) supported by sufficient gold reserves and easily convertible into the currency of a foreign nation.
- (of money) scarce or available at high interest rates: a hard loan.
- denoting assets with intrinsic value, as gold, silver, or diamonds.
- (of alcoholic beverages)
- containing more than 22.5 percent alcohol by volume, as whiskey and brandy as opposed to beer and wine.
- strong because of fermentation;
intoxicating: hard cider.
- (of wine) tasting excessively of tannin.
- (of an illicit narcotic or drug) known to be physically addictive, as opium, morphine, or cocaine.
- (of water) containing mineral salts that interfere with the action of soap.
- (of bread and baked goods)
- having a firm, crisp crust or texture: hard rolls.
- stale or tough.
- (of a fabric) having relatively little nap;
smooth: Silk is a harder fabric than wool or cotton.
- (of the landing of a rocket or space vehicle) executed without decelerating: a hard landing on the moon.Cf. soft (def. 28).
- (of a missile base) equipped to launch missiles from underground silos.
- (of a missile) capable of being launched from an underground silo.
- [Mil.]being underground and strongly protected from nuclear bombardment.
- noting wheats with high gluten content, milled for a bread flour as contrasted with pastry flour.
- (of c and g) pronounced as (k) in come and (g) in go, rather than as in cent, cello, suspicion, gem, or beige.
- (of consonants in Slavic languages) not palatalized. Cf. soft (def. 26).
- (in the making of rope) noting a lay having a considerable angle to the axis of the rope;
- (of a beam of particles or photons) having relatively high energy: hard x-rays.Cf. soft (def. 29).
- (of the penis) erect.
- hard of hearing. See hearing-impaired.
- hard up, [Informal.]
- urgently in need of money.
- feeling a lack or need: The country is hard up for technicians and doctors.
- with great exertion;
with vigor or violence;
strenuously: to work hard; to try hard.
- earnestly, intently, or critically: to look hard at a thing.
- harshly or severely.
- so as to be solid, tight, or firm: frozen hard.
- with strong force or impact: She tripped and came down hard on her back.
- in a deeply affected manner;
with genuine sorrow or remorse: She took it very hard when they told her of his death.
immediately: Failure and defeat seemed hard at hand. The decision to ban students from the concerts followed hard on the heels of the riot.
- to an unreasonable or extreme degree;
immoderately: He's hitting the bottle pretty hard.
- closely, fully, or to the extreme limit: hard aport; hard alee.
- be hard on, to deal harshly with;
be stern: You are being too hard on him.
- hard by, in close proximity to;
near: The house is hard by the river.
- hard put, in great perplexity or difficulty;
at a loss: We were hard put to finish the examination in one hour.
- a firm or paved beach or slope convenient for hauling vessels out of the water.
- a firm or solid beach or foreshore.
- a firm landing, jetty, or road across or adjoining the foreshore.
- [Brit. Slang.]See hard labor.
Surfacesur•face (sûr′fis),USA pronunciation n., adj., v., -faced, -fac•ing.
- the outer face, outside, or exterior boundary of a thing;
outermost or uppermost layer or area.
- any face of a body or thing: the six surfaces of a cube.
- extent or area of outer face;
- the outward appearance, esp. as distinguished from the inner nature: to look below the surface of a matter.
- [Geom.]any figure having only two dimensions;
part or all of the boundary of a solid.
- land or sea transportation, rather than air, underground, or undersea transportation.
- an airfoil.
- of, on, or pertaining to the surface;
- apparent rather than real;
superficial: to be guilty of surface judgments.
- of, pertaining to, or via land or sea: surface mail.
- belonging to a late stage in the transformational derivation of a sentence;
belonging to the surface structure.
- to finish the surface of;
give a particular kind of surface to;
make even or smooth.
- to bring to the surface;
cause to appear openly: Depth charges surfaced the sub. So far we've surfaced no applicants.
- to rise to the surface: The submarine surfaced after four days.
- to work on or at the surface.
F, equiv. to sur- sur-1 + face face, appar. modeled on L superficies superficies] sur′face•less, adj.
Floorfloor (flôr, flōr),USA pronunciation n.
- that part of a room, hallway, or the like, that forms its lower enclosing surface and upon which one walks.
- a continuous, supporting surface extending horizontally throughout a building, having a number of rooms, apartments, or the like, and constituting one level or stage in the structure;
- a level, supporting surface in any structure: the elevator floor.
- one of two or more layers of material composing a floor: rough floor; finish floor.
- a platform or prepared level area for a particular use: a threshing floor.
- the bottom of any more or less hollow place: the floor of a tunnel.
- a more or less flat extent of surface: the floor of the ocean.
- the part of a legislative chamber, meeting room, etc., where the members sit, and from which they speak.
- the right of one member to speak from such a place in preference to other members: The senator from Alaska has the floor.
- the area of a floor, as in a factory or retail store, where items are actually made or sold, as opposed to offices, supply areas, etc.: There are only two salesclerks on the floor.
- the main part of a stock or commodity exchange or the like, as distinguished from the galleries, platform, etc.
- the bottom, base, or minimum charged, demanded, or paid: The government avoided establishing a price or wage floor.
- an underlying stratum, as of ore, usually flat.
- the bottom of a hull.
- any of a number of deep, transverse framing members at the bottom of a steel or iron hull, generally interrupted by and joined to any vertical keel or keelsons.
- the lowermost member of a frame in a wooden vessel.
- mop or wipe the floor with, [Informal.]to overwhelm completely;
defeat: He expected to mop the floor with his opponents.
- take the floor, to arise to address a meeting.
- to cover or furnish with a floor.
- to bring down to the floor or ground;
knock down: He floored his opponent with one blow.
- to overwhelm;
- to confound or puzzle;
nonplus: I was floored by the problem.
- Also, floorboard. to push (a foot-operated accelerator pedal) all the way down to the floor of a vehicle, for maximum speed or power.
Cleaningclean•ing (klē′ning),USA pronunciation n.
- an act or instance of making clean: Give the house a good cleaning.
- an overwhelming or complete defeat, financial loss, or failure: Our team took a cleaning in yesterday's game.
- killing (def. 3).
Hello peoples, this image is about Hard Surface Floor Cleaning ( Floor Polishing Supplies Pictures #6). This attachment is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this image is 486 x 648. It's file size is just 53 KB. If You desired to download It to Your computer, you could Click here. You may also download more photos by clicking the following photo or see more at this article: Floor Polishing Supplies.
Hard Surface Floor Cleaning ( Floor Polishing Supplies Pictures #6) has been selected by the newly married pair to complete your house. In addition to its contemporary design but still simple, this desk been due to several advantages such as could be used as a method of gathering together the family, a childis understanding, a place so forth and to put your kitchen gear.
The Floor Polishing Supplies suited to the current type of kitchen area. This mini table comes with an appearance that is square that is glossy to make it seem more respectable for an energetic young couple. Consequently didn't devote much time a new pair who're very busy contemporary platforms may also be easier treated and washed.
This desk is generally along with amini kitchen but can also be positioned on another bedroom. Pricing table is also cheaper than different table due to its size that is small. If you'd like to purchase this stand, there is in hearing some layout multifunctional club table below for enthusiasm no injury.