FrenchFrench (french),USA pronunciation adj.
- of, pertaining to, or characteristic of France, its inhabitants, or their language, culture, etc.: French cooking.
- the people of France and their direct descendants.
- a Romance language spoken in France, parts of Belgium and Switzerland, and in areas colonized after 1500 by France. Abbr.: F
- (often l.c.) to prepare (food) according to a French method.
- (often l.c.) to cut (snap beans) into slivers or thin strips before cooking.
- (often l.c.) to trim the meat from the end of (a rib chop).
- (often l.c.) to prepare (meat) for cooking by slicing it into strips and pounding.
- to short-sheet (a bed).
- (often l.c.) Slang (vulgar). to give oral stimulation of the penis or vulva.
Provincialpro•vin•cial (prə vin′shəl),USA pronunciation adj.
- belonging or peculiar to some particular province;
local: the provincial newspaper.
- of or pertaining to the provinces: provincial customs; provincial dress.
- having or showing the manners, viewpoints, etc., considered characteristic of unsophisticated inhabitants of a province;
narrow or illiberal;
parochial: a provincial point of view.
- (often cap.) [Fine Arts.]noting or pertaining to the styles of architecture, furniture, etc., found in the provinces, esp. when imitating styles currently or formerly in fashion in or around the capital: Italian Provincial.
- [Hist.]of or pertaining to any of the American provinces of Great Britain.
- a person who lives in or comes from the provinces.
- a person who lacks urban sophistication or broad-mindedness.
- the head of an ecclesiastical province.
- a member of a religious order presiding over the order in a given district or province.
Sofaso•fa (sō′fə),USA pronunciation n.
- a long, upholstered couch with a back and two arms or raised ends.
Andand (and; unstressed ənd, ən, or, esp. after a homorganic consonant, n),USA pronunciation conj.
- (used to connect grammatically coordinate words, phrases, or clauses) along or together with;
as well as;
in addition to;
moreover: pens and pencils.
- added to;
plus: 2 and 2 are 4.
- then: He read for an hour and went to bed.
- also, at the same time: to sleep and dream.
- then again;
repeatedly: He coughed and coughed.
- (used to imply different qualities in things having the same name): There are bargains and bargains, so watch out.
- (used to introduce a sentence, implying continuation) also;
then: And then it happened.
- [Informal.]to (used between two finite verbs): Try and do it. Call and see if she's home yet.
- (used to introduce a consequence or conditional result): He felt sick and decided to lie down for a while. Say one more word about it and I'll scream.
on the contrary: He tried to run five miles and couldn't. They said they were about to leave and then stayed for two more hours.
- (used to connect alternatives): He felt that he was being forced to choose between his career and his family.
- (used to introduce a comment on the preceding clause): They don't like each other--and with good reason.
- [Archaic.]if: and you please.Cf. an2.
- and so forth, and the like;
et cetera: We discussed traveling, sightseeing, and so forth.
- and so on, and more things or others of a similar kind;
and the like: It was a summer filled with parties, picnics, and so on.
- an added condition, stipulation, detail, or particular: He accepted the job, no ands or buts about it.
- conjunction (def. 5b).
Chairchair (châr),USA pronunciation n.
- a seat, esp. for one person, usually having four legs for support and a rest for the back and often having rests for the arms.
- something that serves as a chair or supports like a chair: The two men clasped hands to make a chair for their injured companion.
- a seat of office or authority.
- a position of authority, as of a judge, professor, etc.
- the person occupying a seat of office, esp. the chairperson of a meeting: The speaker addressed the chair.
- (in an orchestra) the position of a player, assigned by rank;
desk: first clarinet chair.
- the chair, See electric chair.
- See sedan chair.
- (in reinforced-concrete construction) a device for maintaining the position of reinforcing rods or strands during the pouring operation.
- a glassmaker's bench having extended arms on which a blowpipe is rolled in shaping glass.
- a metal block for supporting a rail and securing it to a crosstie or the like.
- get the chair, to be sentenced to die in the electric chair.
- take the chair:
- to begin or open a meeting.
- to preside at a meeting;
act as chairperson.
- to place or seat in a chair.
- to install in office.
- to preside over;
act as chairperson of: to chair a committee.
- to carry (a hero or victor) aloft in triumph.
- to preside over a meeting, committee, etc.
Hello , this photo is about SOLD - French Provincial Sofa And Chair ( French Provincial Settee #1). This image is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this photo is 1392 x 832. It's file size is just 212 KB. Wether You want to download It to Your computer, you should Click here. You may also see more photos by clicking the following image or see more at this article: French Provincial Settee.
Besides getting used for interesting attendees, a livingroom typically relax on Sunday or just you utilize to learn guides. A chair that has a design that is slick can assist the room's overall appearance. However, the look should be with the comfort offered in step. We propose in order to get the design you prefer which you avoid overly compromising convenience.
There are various options smooth style that offers comfort that one may choose supplements. So, don't be satisfied with one alternative only. Again, don't desire to obtain a seat permanently design alone. Along with the style, you need to couch French Provincial Settee should really be satisfied first.
If your household is small, pushing the living room doubles as being a living room, you should consider whether or not the merchandise is durable if entertained constantly. You can view for the type and also the design once your requirements are met. Is sensible to decide on a layout that's not fixated by age. Hence, even though pattern transformed, visitor chairs will not make bored or appears old.