Fixingfix•ing (fik′sing),USA pronunciation n.
- the act of a person or thing that fixes.fixings. Also, fix•in's (fik′sinz).USA pronunciation [Informal.] the necessary ingredients: salad fixings. the appropriate accompaniments;
trimmings: turkey with all the fixings.
- See gold fixing.
Lamplamp (lamp),USA pronunciation n.
- any of various devices furnishing artificial light, as by electricity or gas. Cf. fluorescent lamp, incandescent lamp.
- a container for an inflammable liquid, as oil, which is burned at a wick as a means of illumination.
- a source of intellectual or spiritual light: the lamp of learning.
- any of various devices furnishing heat, ultraviolet, or other radiation: an infrared lamp.
- a celestial body that gives off light, as the moon or a star.
- a torch.
- lamps, the eyes.
- smell of the lamp, to give evidence of laborious study or effort: His dissertation smells of the lamp.
- to look at;
Socketsock•et (sok′it),USA pronunciation n.
- a hollow part or piece for receiving and holding some part or thing.
- a device intended to hold an electric light bulb mechanically and connect it electrically to circuit wires.
- Also called wall socket. a socket placed in a wall to receive a plug that makes an electrical connection with supply wiring.
- a hollow in one part that receives another part: the socket of the eye.
- the concavity of a joint: the socket of the hip.
- to place in or fit with a socket.
Repairre•pair1 (ri pâr′),USA pronunciation v.t.
- to restore to a good or sound condition after decay or damage;
mend: to repair a motor.
- to restore or renew by any process of making good, strengthening, etc.: to repair one's health by resting.
- to remedy;
make up for: to repair damage; to repair a deficiency.
- to make amends for;
compensate: to repair a wrong done.
- an act, process, or work of repairing: to order the repair of a building.
- Usually, repairs.
- an instance or operation of repairing: to lay up a boat for repairs.
- a repaired part or an addition made in repairing: 17th-century repairs in brick are conspicuous in parts of the medieval stonework.
- repairs, (in bookkeeping, accounting, etc.) the part of maintenance expense that has been paid out to keep fixed assets in usable condition, as distinguished from amounts used for renewal or replacement.
- the good condition resulting from continued maintenance and repairing: to keep in repair.
- condition with respect to soundness and usability: a house in good repair.
re•pair′a•bil′i•ty, re•pair′a•ble•ness, n.
Lightlight1 (līt),USA pronunciation n., adj., -er, -est, v., light•ed or lit, light•ing.
- something that makes things visible or affords illumination: All colors depend on light.
- Also called luminous energy, radiant energy. electromagnetic radiation to which the organs of sight react, ranging in wavelength from about 400 to 700 nm and propagated at a speed of 186,282 mi./sec (299,972 km/sec), considered variously as a wave, corpuscular, or quantum phenomenon.
- a similar form of radiant energy that does not affect the retina, as ultraviolet or infrared rays.
- the sensation produced by stimulation of the organs of sight.
- an illuminating agent or source, as the sun, a lamp, or a beacon.
- the radiance or illumination from a particular source: the light of a candle.
- the illumination from the sun;
daylight: We awoke at the first light.
- daybreak or dawn: when light appeared in the east.
- daytime: Summer has more hours of light.
- a particular light or illumination in which an object seen takes on a certain appearance: viewing the portrait in dim light.
- a device for or means of igniting, as a spark, flame, or match: Could you give me a light?
- a traffic light: Don't cross till the light changes.
- the aspect in which a thing appears or is regarded: Try to look at the situation in a more cheerful light.
- the state of being visible, exposed to view, or revealed to public notice or knowledge;
limelight: Stardom has placed her in the light.
- a person who is an outstanding leader, celebrity, or example;
luminary: He became one of the leading lights of Restoration drama.
- the effect of light falling on an object or scene as represented in a picture.
- one of the brightest parts of a picture.
- a gleam or sparkle, as in the eyes.
- a measure or supply of light;
illumination: The wall cuts off our light.
- spiritual illumination or awareness;
- Also called day. one compartment of a window or window sash.
- a window, esp. a small one.
- mental insight;
- lights, the information, ideas, or mental capacities possessed: to act according to one's lights.
- a lighthouse.
- [Archaic.]the eyesight.
- bring to light, to discover or reveal: The excavations brought to light the remnants of an ancient civilization.
- come to light, to be discovered or revealed: Some previously undiscovered letters have lately come to light.
- hide one's light under a bushel, to conceal or suppress one's talents or successes.
- in a good (or bad ) light, under favorable (or unfavorable) circumstances: She worshiped him, but then she'd only seen him in a good light.
- in (the) light of, taking into account;
considering: It was necessary to review the decision in the light of recent developments.
- light at the end of the tunnel, a prospect of success, relief, or redemption: We haven't solved the problem yet, but we're beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel.
- see the light:
- to come into existence or being.
- to be made public.
- to begin to accept or understand a point of view one formerly opposed: Her father was opposed to her attending an out-of-town college, but he finally saw the light.
- shed or throw light on, to clarify;
clear up: His deathbed confession threw light on a mystery of long standing.
- having light or illumination;
well-lighted: the lightest room in the entire house.
- pale, whitish, or not deep or dark in color: a light blue.
- (of coffee or tea) containing enough milk or cream to produce a light color.
- to set burning, as a candle, lamp, fire, match, or cigarette;
- to turn or switch on (an electric light): One flick of the master switch lights all the lamps in the room.
- to give light to;
furnish with light or illumination: The room is lighted by two large chandeliers.
- to make (an area or object) bright with or as if with light (often fol. by up): Hundreds of candles lighted up the ballroom.
- to cause (the face, surroundings, etc.) to brighten, esp. with joy, animation, or the like (often fol. by up): A smile lit up her face. Her presence lighted up the room.
- to guide or conduct with a light: a candle to light you to bed.
- to take fire or become kindled: The damp wood refused to light.
- to ignite a cigar, cigarette, or pipe for purposes of smoking (usually fol. by up): He took out a pipe and lighted up before speaking.
- to become illuminated when switched on: This table lamp won't light.
- to become bright, as with light or color (often fol. by up): The sky lights up at sunset.
- to brighten with animation or joy, as the face or eyes (often fol. by up).
Fixturefix•ture (fiks′chər),USA pronunciation n.
- something securely, and usually permanently, attached or appended, as to a house, apartment building, etc.: a light fixture; kitchen fixtures.
- a person or thing long established in the same place or position.
- any of various devices for holding work in a machine tool, esp. one for machining in a straight line, as in a planer or milling machine.
- any of various devices for holding parts in certain positions during welding, assembly, etc.
- a movable chattel, as a machine or heating plant, that, by reason of annexation to real property and adaptation to continuing use in connection with the realty, is considered a part of the realty.
- [Fox Hunting.]one of a series of meets scheduled by a hunt to take place at a time and location listed on a card(fix′ture card′) that is sent, usually once a month, to each member of a hunt.
- the act of fixing.
- an event that takes place regularly.
Hi folks, this attachment is about Fixing A Lamp Socket #3 Repair A Light Fixture. This image is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this photo is 510 x 510. This picture's file size is only 59 KB. Wether You desired to save It to Your PC, you might Click here. You may too see more photos by clicking the following image or see more at here: Fixing A Lamp Socket.
Due to the significance of the big event of the bedroom, we should discuss the best bedroom patterns. We must pick coloring and the layout that could create us realize peace of mind and luxury. A bedroom layout that may stimulate peace in a time that is busy. Having a bedroom with excellent Fixing A Lamp Socket #3 Repair A Light Fixture colour can be a luxury by itself you will notice.
This coloring is so blends properly using the shade palate and extras found in this bedroom hopefully bedroom style with colour possibilities above will help you examine your own house on a color scheme that is most comfortable for you personally. Of choosing the coloring that was right, the rooms are well-designed first. Choosing a color scheme that you like and cause you to experience many cozy is the point that is most critical that you need to contemplate. Don't forget to be sure that whichever colour mix you select should match every aspect within your room.
When used together with the suitable highlight shades like shades-of magic, blue green that is light Fixing A Lamp Socket #3 Repair A Light Fixture can be awesome shades for the room. Shimmering accessories calm and could make your room more stunning. It is the usage of yellow colour is the most effective coloring for the bedroom and was spoton, not too brilliant but comforting.