ThomasThom•as (tom′əs for 1, 2, 4–14; tô mä′ for 3),USA pronunciation n.
- an apostle who demanded proof of Christ's Resurrection. John 20:24–29.
- Augustus, 1857–1934, U.S. playwright, journalist, and actor.(Charles Louis) Am•broise (sharl lwē än brwaz′),USA pronunciation 1811–96, French composer.
- Clarence, born 1948, U.S. jurist: associate justice of the U.S. Supreme Court since 1991.Dyl•an (Mar•lais) (dil′ən mär′lā),USA pronunciation 1914–53, Welsh poet and short-story writer.
- George Henry, 1816–70, Union general in the U.S. Civil War.
- John, 1724–76, American physician and general in the American Revolution.
- Lowell (Jackson), 1892–1981, U.S. newscaster, world traveler, and writer.
- Martha Carey, 1857–1935, U.S. educator and women's-rights advocate.Norman (Mat•toon) (mə to̅o̅n′),USA pronunciation 1884–1968, U.S. socialist leader and political writer.
- Seth, 1785–1859, U.S. clock designer and manufacturer.
- Theodore, 1835–1905, U.S. orchestra conductor, born in Germany.
- William Isaac, 1863–1947, U.S. sociologist.
- See doubting Thomas.
- a male given name: from an Aramaic word meaning "twin.''
Andand (and; unstressed ənd, ən, or, esp. after a homorganic consonant, n),USA pronunciation conj.
- (used to connect grammatically coordinate words, phrases, or clauses) along or together with;
as well as;
in addition to;
moreover: pens and pencils.
- added to;
plus: 2 and 2 are 4.
- then: He read for an hour and went to bed.
- also, at the same time: to sleep and dream.
- then again;
repeatedly: He coughed and coughed.
- (used to imply different qualities in things having the same name): There are bargains and bargains, so watch out.
- (used to introduce a sentence, implying continuation) also;
then: And then it happened.
- [Informal.]to (used between two finite verbs): Try and do it. Call and see if she's home yet.
- (used to introduce a consequence or conditional result): He felt sick and decided to lie down for a while. Say one more word about it and I'll scream.
on the contrary: He tried to run five miles and couldn't. They said they were about to leave and then stayed for two more hours.
- (used to connect alternatives): He felt that he was being forced to choose between his career and his family.
- (used to introduce a comment on the preceding clause): They don't like each other--and with good reason.
- [Archaic.]if: and you please.Cf. an2.
- and so forth, and the like;
et cetera: We discussed traveling, sightseeing, and so forth.
- and so on, and more things or others of a similar kind;
and the like: It was a summer filled with parties, picnics, and so on.
- an added condition, stipulation, detail, or particular: He accepted the job, no ands or buts about it.
- conjunction (def. 5b).
Floorfloor (flôr, flōr),USA pronunciation n.
- that part of a room, hallway, or the like, that forms its lower enclosing surface and upon which one walks.
- a continuous, supporting surface extending horizontally throughout a building, having a number of rooms, apartments, or the like, and constituting one level or stage in the structure;
- a level, supporting surface in any structure: the elevator floor.
- one of two or more layers of material composing a floor: rough floor; finish floor.
- a platform or prepared level area for a particular use: a threshing floor.
- the bottom of any more or less hollow place: the floor of a tunnel.
- a more or less flat extent of surface: the floor of the ocean.
- the part of a legislative chamber, meeting room, etc., where the members sit, and from which they speak.
- the right of one member to speak from such a place in preference to other members: The senator from Alaska has the floor.
- the area of a floor, as in a factory or retail store, where items are actually made or sold, as opposed to offices, supply areas, etc.: There are only two salesclerks on the floor.
- the main part of a stock or commodity exchange or the like, as distinguished from the galleries, platform, etc.
- the bottom, base, or minimum charged, demanded, or paid: The government avoided establishing a price or wage floor.
- an underlying stratum, as of ore, usually flat.
- the bottom of a hull.
- any of a number of deep, transverse framing members at the bottom of a steel or iron hull, generally interrupted by and joined to any vertical keel or keelsons.
- the lowermost member of a frame in a wooden vessel.
- mop or wipe the floor with, [Informal.]to overwhelm completely;
defeat: He expected to mop the floor with his opponents.
- take the floor, to arise to address a meeting.
- to cover or furnish with a floor.
- to bring down to the floor or ground;
knock down: He floored his opponent with one blow.
- to overwhelm;
- to confound or puzzle;
nonplus: I was floored by the problem.
- Also, floorboard. to push (a foot-operated accelerator pedal) all the way down to the floor of a vehicle, for maximum speed or power.
Matmat1 (mat),USA pronunciation n., v., mat•ted, mat•ting.
- a piece of fabric made of plaited or woven rushes, straw, hemp, or similar fiber, or of some other pliant material, as rubber, used as a protective covering on a floor or other surface, to wipe the shoes on, etc.
- a smaller piece of material, often ornamental, set under a dish of food, a lamp, vase, etc.
- the padded canvas covering the entire floor of a wrestling ring, for protecting the contestants from injury when thrown.
- a thick pad placed on the floor for the protection of tumblers and others engaged in gymnastic sports.
- a thickly growing or thick and tangled mass, as of hair or weeds.
- a sack made of matting, as for coffee or sugar.
- a slablike footing of concrete, esp. one for an entire building.
- a heavy mesh reinforcement for a concrete slab.
- go to the mat, to contend or struggle in a determined or unyielding way: The President is going to the mat with Congress over the proposed budget cuts.
- to cover with or as if with mats or matting.
- to form into a mat, as by interweaving.
- to become entangled;
form tangled masses.
Hi guys, this blog post is about Thomas And Friends Floor Mat (lovely Mat Thomas #4). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 555 x 555. This blog post's file size is only 56 KB. If You decided to download It to Your laptop, you should Click here. You could too download more pictures by clicking the following image or read more at here: Mat Thomas.
Garden is actually an enjoyable task to rest. Howto select Mat Thomas turned one of gardening's important facets. Moreover, now there are shades and many sorts of pot bought in the market, making the selection procedure could possibly be perplexing and more interesting. Therefore, before picking a pot that is fitting to get a number of flowers in the home, make sure that you have recognized the next tips.
The beginnings can be actually made by it to rot because the bottom moist and of the box will clot. Moreover, notice furthermore the area that you will use to place the box. If that is unlikely to be restricted, to be able to conserve place, you can test to use a hanging box.
Over just a place pan, to place can also function as decor. Selection of the correct box will improve the elegance of one's household. Alternatively, when the dimension of the pot you decide on is too large, lots of vitamins that will not be reached by the beginnings, so there'll infact take vain.