Goodgood (gŏŏd),USA pronunciation adj., bet•ter, best, n., interj., adv.
- morally excellent;
pious: a good man.
- satisfactory in quality, quantity, or degree: a good teacher; good health.
- of high quality;
fit: It is good that you are here. His credentials are good.
- well-behaved: a good child.
- kind, beneficent, or friendly: to do a good deed.
- honorable or worthy;
in good standing: a good name.
- educated and refined: She has a good background.
- financially sound or safe: His credit is good.
not counterfeit: a good quarter.
- sound or valid: good judgment; good reasons.
responsible: good advice.
beneficial: Fresh fruit is good for you.
- in excellent condition;
healthy: good teeth.
- not spoiled or tainted;
palatable: The meat was still good after three months in the freezer.
propitious: good news.
amiable: in good spirits.
- free of distress or pain;
comfortable: to feel good after surgery.
pleasant: Have a good time.
handsome: She has a good figure.
- (of the complexion) smooth;
free from blemish.
- close or intimate;
warm: She's a good friend of mine.
- sufficient or ample: a good supply.
satisfactory for the purpose: a good day for fishing.
- competent or skillful;
clever: a good manager; good at arithmetic.
- skillfully or expertly done: a really good job; a good play.
- conforming to rules of grammar, usage, etc.;
correct: good English.
- socially proper: good manners.
- remaining available to one: Don't throw good money after bad.
- comparatively new or of relatively fine quality: Don't play in the mud in your good clothes.
- best or most dressy: He wore his good suit to the office today.
- full: a good day's journey away.
- fairly large or great: a good amount.
- free from precipitation or cloudiness: good weather.
- (of a patient's condition) having stable and normal vital signs, being conscious and comfortable, and having excellent appetite, mobility, etc.
rich: good soil.
- loyal: a good Democrat.
- (of a return or service in tennis, squash, handball, etc.) landing within the limits of a court or section of a court.
- [Horse Racing.](of the surface of a track) drying after a rain so as to be still slightly sticky: This horse runs best on a good track.
- (of meat, esp. beef ) noting or pertaining to the specific grade below "choice,'' containing more lean muscle and less edible fat than "prime'' or "choice.''
- favorably regarded (used as an epithet for a ship, town, etc.): the good shipSyrena.
- as good as. See as 1 (def. 18).
- good for:
- certain to repay (money owed) because of integrity, financial stability, etc.
- the equivalent in value of: Two thousand stamps are good for one coffeepot.
- able to survive or continue functioning for (the length of time or the distance indicated): These tires are good for another 10,000 miles.
- valid or in effect for (the length of time indicated): a license good for one year.
- (used as an expression of approval): Good for you!
- good full, (of a sail or sails) well filled, esp. when sailing close to the wind;
- make good:
- to make recompense for;
- to implement an agreement;
- to be successful.
- to substantiate;
- to carry out;
execute: The convicts made good their getaway.
- no good, without value or merit;
contemptible: The check was no good.
- profit or advantage;
benefit: What good will that do? We shall work for the common good.
- excellence or merit;
kindness: to do good.
- moral righteousness;
virtue: to be a power for good.
- (esp. in the grading of U.S. beef ) an official grade below that of "choice.''
- possessions, esp. movable effects or personal property.
- articles of trade;
merchandise: canned goods.
- what has been promised or is expected: to deliver the goods.
- the genuine article.
- evidence of guilt, as stolen articles: to catch someone with the goods.
- cloth or textile material: top-quality linen goods.
- [Chiefly Brit.]merchandise sent by land, rather than by water or air.
- come to no good, to end in failure or as a failure: Her jealous relatives said that she would come to no good.
- for good, finally and permanently;
forever: to leave the country for good.Also, for good and all.
- the good:
- the ideal of goodness or morality.
- good things or persons collectively.
- to the good:
- generally advantageous: That's all to the good, but what do I get out of it?
- richer in profit or gain: When he withdrew from the partnership, he was several thousand dollars to the good.
- (used as an expression of approval or satisfaction): Good! Now we can all go home.
- good and, very;
exceedingly: This soup is good and hot.
Howhow1 (hou),USA pronunciation adv.
- in what way or manner;
by what means?: How did the accident happen?
- to what extent, degree, etc.?: How damaged is the car?
- in what state or condition?: How are you?
- for what reason;
why?: How can you talk such nonsense?
- to what effect;
with what meaning?: How is one to interpret his action?
- what?: How do you mean? If they don't have vanilla, how about chocolate?
- (used as an intensifier): How seldom I go there!
- by what title or name?: How does one address the president?
- at what price: How are the new cars going, cheaper than last year's models?
- by what amount or in what measure or quantity?: How do you sell these tomatoes?
- in what form or shape?: How does the demon appear in the first act of the opera? How does the medication come?
- and how! [Informal.]certainly! you bet!: Am I happy? And how!
- Here's how, [Informal.](used as a toast).
- how come? [Informal.]how is it that? why?: How come you never visit us anymore?
- how so? how does it happen to be so? why?: You haven't any desire to go? How so?
- the manner or way in which: He couldn't figure out how to solve the problem.
- about the manner, condition, or way in which: I don't care how you leave your desk when you go. Be careful how you act.
- in whatever manner or way;
however: You can travel how you please.
- that: He told us how he was honest and could be trusted.
- a question concerning the way or manner in which something is done, achieved, etc.: a child's unending whys and hows.
- a way or manner of doing something: to consider all the hows and wherefores.
- a word formerly used in communications to represent the letter H.
Muchmuch (much),USA pronunciation adj., more, most, n., adv., more, most.
- great in quantity, measure, or degree: too much cake.
- a great quantity, measure, or degree: Much of his research was unreliable.
- a great, important, or notable thing or matter: The house is not much to look at.
- make much of:
- to treat, represent, or consider as of great importance: to make much of trivial matters.
- to treat with great consideration;
show fondness for;
- to a great extent or degree;
far: to talk too much; much heavier.
- nearly, approximately, or about: This is much like the others.
- much as:
- almost the same as: We need exercise, much as we need nourishment.
- however much: Much as she wanted to stay at the party, she had to leave.
Dodo1 (do̅o̅;[unstressed]dŏŏ, də),USA pronunciation v. and auxiliary v., pres. sing. 1st pers. do, 2nd do or ([Archaic]) do•est or dost, 3rd does or ([Archaic]) do•eth or doth, pres. pl. do* past sing. 1st pers. did, 2nd did or ([Archaic]) didst, 3rd did, past pl. did;
past part. done;
pres. part. do•ing;
n., pl. dos, do's.
- to perform (an act, duty, role, etc.): Do nothing until you hear the bell.
- to execute (a piece or amount of work): to do a hauling job.
- to accomplish;
complete: He has already done his homework.
- to put forth;
exert: Do your best.
- to be the cause of (good, harm, credit, etc.);
- to render, give, or pay (homage, justice, etc.).
- to deal with, fix, clean, arrange, move, etc., (anything) as the case may require: to do the dishes.
- to travel;
traverse: We did 30 miles today.
- to serve;
suffice for: This will do us for the present.
- to condone or approve, as by custom or practice: That sort of thing simply isn't done.
- to travel at the rate of (a specified speed): He was doing 80 when they arrested him.
- to make or prepare: I'll do the salad.
- to serve (a term of time) in prison, or, sometimes, in office.
- to create, form, or bring into being: She does wonderful oil portraits.
- to translate into or change the form or language of: MGM did the book into a movie.
- to study or work at or in the field of: I have to do my math tonight.
- to explore or travel through as a sightseer: They did Greece in three weeks.
- (used with a pronoun, as it or that, or with a general noun, as thing, that refers to a previously mentioned action): You were supposed to write thank-you letters; do it before tomorrow, please.
- to wear out;
tire: That last set of tennis did me.
- to cheat, trick, or take advantage of: That crooked dealer did him for $500 at poker.
- to attend or participate in: Let's do lunch next week.
- to use (a drug or drugs), esp. habitually: The police report said he was doing cocaine.
- to act or conduct oneself;
be in action;
- to rob;
steal from: The law got him for doing a lot of banks.
- to proceed: to do wisely.
- to get along;
manage: to do without an automobile.
- to be in health, as specified: Mother and child are doing fine.
- to serve or be satisfactory, as for the purpose;
suffice: Will this do?
- to finish or be finished.
- to happen;
transpire: What's doing at the office?
- (used as a substitute to avoid repetition of a verb or full verb expression): I think as you do.
- (used in interrogative, negative, and inverted constructions): Do you like music? I don't care. Seldom do we witness such catastrophes.
- [Archaic.](used in imperatives with you or thou expressed;
and occasionally as a metric filler in verse): Do thou hasten to the king's side. The wind did blow, the rain did fall.
- (used to lend emphasis to a principal verb): Do visit us!
- do a number on (someone). See number (def. 27).
- do away with:
- to put an end to;
- to kill.
- do by, to deal with;
treat: He had always done well by his family.
- do for:
- to cause the defeat, ruin, or death of.
- [Chiefly Brit.]to cook and keep house for;
manage or provide for.
- do in, [Informal.]
- to kill, esp. to murder.
- to injure gravely or exhaust;
ruin: The tropical climate did them in.
- to cheat or swindle: He was done in by an unscrupulous broker.
- do one proud. See proud (def. 11).
- do one's number. See number (def. 28).
- do one's (own ) thing. See thing 1 (def. 17).
- do or die, to make a supreme effort.
- do out of, [Informal.]to swindle;
cheat: A furniture store did me out of several hundred dollars.
- do over, to redecorate.
- do time, [Informal.]to serve a term in prison: It's hard to get a decent job once you've done time.
- do to death. See death (def. 15).
- do up, [Informal.]
- to wrap and tie up.
- to pin up or arrange (the hair).
- to renovate;
- to wear out;
- to fasten: Do up your coat.
- to dress: The children were all done up in funny costumes.
- do with, to gain advantage or benefit from;
make use of: I could do with more leisure time.
- do without:
- to forgo;
- to dispense with the thing mentioned: The store doesn't have any, so you'll have to do without.
- have to do with. See have (def. 36).
- make do, to get along with what is at hand, despite its inadequacy: I can't afford a new coat so I have to make do with this one.
- a burst of frenzied activity;
- a hairdo or hair styling.
- a swindle;
- [Chiefly Brit.]a festive social gathering;
- dos and don'ts, customs, rules, or regulations: The dos and don'ts of polite manners are easy to learn.
Aluminuma•lu•mi•num (ə lo̅o̅′mə nəm),USA pronunciation n.
- a silver-white metallic element, light in weight, ductile, malleable, and not readily corroded or tarnished, occurring combined in nature in igneous rock, shale, clay, and most soil: used in alloys and for lightweight utensils, castings, airplane parts, etc. Abbr.: alum.; Symbol: Al;
at. wt.: 26.98;
at. no.: 13;
sp. gr.: 2.70 at 20°C.
- of, pertaining to, or containing aluminum: an aluminum frying pan.Also,[esp. Brit.,] aluminium.
Patiopat•i•o (pat′ē ō′, pä′tē ō′),USA pronunciation n., pl. -i•os.
- an area, usually paved, adjoining a house and used as an area for outdoor lounging, dining, etc.
- a courtyard, esp. of a house, enclosed by low buildings or walls.
Coverscov•er (kuv′ər),USA pronunciation v.t.
- to be or serve as a covering for;
rest on the surface of: Snow covered the fields.
- to place something over or upon, as for protection, concealment, or warmth.
- to provide with a covering or top: Cover the pot with a lid.
- to protect or conceal (the body, head, etc.) with clothes, a hat, etc;
- to bring upon (oneself ): He covered himself with glory by his exploits.
- to hide from view;
- to spread on or over;
apply to: to cover bread with honey.
- to put all over the surface of: to cover a wall with paint.
- to include, deal with, or provide for;
address: The rules cover working conditions.
- to suffice to defray or meet (a charge, expense, etc.): Ten dollars should cover my expenses.
- to offset (an outlay, loss, liability, etc.).
- to achieve in distance traversed;
pass or travel over: We covered 600 miles a day on our trip.
- to act as a reporter or reviewer of (an event, a field of interest, a performance, etc.);
have as an assignment: She covers sports for the paper.
- to publish or broadcast a report or reports of (a news item, a series of related events, etc.): The press covered the trial in great detail.
- to pass or rise over and surmount or envelop: The river covered the town during the flood.
- [Insurance.]to insure against risk or loss.
- to shelter;
serve as a defense for.
- to be in line with by occupying a position directly before or behind.
- to protect (a soldier, force, or military position) during an expected period of ground combat by taking a position from which any hostile troops can be fired upon.
- to take temporary charge of or responsibility for in place of another: Please cover my phone while I'm out to lunch.
- to extend over;
comprise: The book covers 18th-century England.
- to be assigned to or responsible for, as a territory or field of endeavor: We have two sales representatives covering the Southwest.
- to aim at, as with a pistol.
- to have within range, as a fortress does adjacent territory.
- to play a card higher than (the one led or previously played in the round).
- to deposit the equivalent of (money deposited), as in wagering.
- to accept the conditions of (a bet, wager, etc.).
- (in short selling) to purchase securities or commodities in order to deliver them to the broker from whom they were borrowed.
- [Baseball.]to take a position close to or at (a base) so as to catch a ball thrown to the base: The shortstop covered second on the attempted steal.
- to guard (an opponent on offense) so as to prevent him or her from scoring or carrying out his or her assignment: to cover a potential pass receiver.
- (esp. of a male animal) to copulate with.
- (of a hen) to brood or sit on (eggs or chicks).
- [Informal.]to serve as a substitute for someone who is absent: We cover for the receptionist during lunch hour.
- to hide the wrongful or embarrassing action of another by providing an alibi or acting in the other's place: They covered for him when he missed roll call.
- to play a card higher than the one led or previously played in the round: She led the eight and I covered with the jack.
- to spread over an area or surface, esp. for the purpose of obscuring an existing covering or of achieving a desired thickness and evenness: This paint is much too thin to cover.
- cover one's ass, Slang (vulgar). to take measures that will prevent one from suffering blame, loss, harm, etc.
- cover up:
- to cover completely;
- to keep secret;
conceal: She tried to cover up her part in the plot.
- something that covers, as the lid of a container or the binding of a book.
- a blanket, quilt, or the like: Put another cover on the bed.
- anything that veils, screens, or shuts from sight: under cover of darkness.
- woods, underbrush, etc., serving to shelter and conceal wild animals or game;
- vegetation that serves to protect or conceal animals, such as birds, from excessive sunlight, from drying, or from predators.
- a set of eating utensils and the like, as plate, knife, fork, and napkin, placed for each person at a table.
- an assumed identity, occupation, or business that masks the true or real one: His job at the embassy was a cover for his work as a spy.
- a covering of snow, esp. when suitable for skiing.
- a pretense;
- a person who substitutes for another or stands ready to substitute if needed: She was hired as a cover for six roles at the opera house.
- See cover charge.
- an envelope or outer wrapping for mail.
- a letter folded so that the address may be placed on the outside and the missive mailed.
- [Finance.]funds to cover liability or secure against risk of loss.
- See cover version.
- Also called covering. a collection of sets having the property that a given set is contained in the union of the sets in the collection.
- blow one's cover, to divulge one's secret identity, esp. inadvertently: The TV news story blew his carefully fabricated cover.
- break cover, to emerge, esp. suddenly, from a place of concealment: The fox broke cover and the chase was on.
- take cover, to seek shelter or safety: The hikers took cover in a deserted cabin to escape the sudden storm.
- under cover:
secretly: Arrangements for the escape were made under cover.
- within an envelope: The report will be mailed to you under separate cover.
Costcost (kôst, kost),USA pronunciation n., v., cost or, for 11–13, cost•ed, cost•ing.
- the price paid to acquire, produce, accomplish, or maintain anything: the high cost of a good meal.
- an outlay or expenditure of money, time, labor, trouble, etc.: What will the cost be to me?
- a sacrifice, loss, or penalty: to work at the cost of one's health.
- money allowed to a successful party in a lawsuit in compensation for legal expenses incurred, chargeable to the unsuccessful party.
- money due to a court or one of its officers for services in a cause.
- at all costs, regardless of the effort involved;
by any means necessary: The stolen painting must be recovered at all costs.Also, at any cost.
- to require the payment of (money or something else of value) in an exchange: That camera cost $200.
- to result in or entail the loss of: Carelessness costs lives.
- to cause to lose or suffer: The accident cost her a broken leg.
- to entail (effort or inconvenience): Courtesy costs little.
- to cause to pay or sacrifice: That request will cost us two weeks' extra work.
- to estimate or determine the cost of (manufactured articles, new processes, etc.).
- to estimate or determine costs, as of manufacturing something.
- cost out, to calculate the cost of (a project, product, etc.) in advance: to cost out a major construction project.
Hello there, this image is about Good How Much Do Aluminum Patio Covers Cost #4 PreviousNext. It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this image is 1192 x 342. It's file size is only 79 KB. Wether You decided to save It to Your computer, you may Click here. You could too see more photos by clicking the following image or read more at this post: How Much Do Aluminum Patio Covers Cost.
How Much Do Aluminum Patio Covers Cost is among the most popular materials and are often used for the ground along with the Stone is also a volcanic stone formed by temperature and stress and are available in different hues like dim shades, light gray and green along with other colors, Today due to the strength and resilience, jewel stone ceramic type commonly useful for home surfaces, surfaces and flooring components and also creating a livingroom.
Of course you know plenty of these kinds of marble and it has become a fresh tendency on earth of property and of course you are perplexed in selecting a layout, in creating a home, you need to consider the right colour for the walls of one's home. Although it is not uncommon to also have a basic colour such as white coloring to paint the walls of your home color gray house usually chosen while the platform color is predominant.