In The Coming Years An Increasing Number Of Americans Will Come To Expect That Their Police Officers Be Equipped With Body Cameras. (awesome How Much Do Police Officers Make #6) Pictures Collection
Inin (in),USA pronunciation prep., adv., adj., n., v., inned, in•ning.
- (used to indicate inclusion within space, a place, or limits): walking in the park.
- (used to indicate inclusion within something abstract or immaterial): in politics; in the autumn.
- (used to indicate inclusion within or occurrence during a period or limit of time): in ancient times; a task done in ten minutes.
- (used to indicate limitation or qualification, as of situation, condition, relation, manner, action, etc.): to speak in a whisper; to be similar in appearance.
- (used to indicate means): sketched in ink; spoken in French.
- (used to indicate motion or direction from outside to a point within) into: Let's go in the house.
- (used to indicate transition from one state to another): to break in half.
- (used to indicate object or purpose): speaking in honor of the event.
- in that, because;
inasmuch as: In that you won't have time for supper, let me give you something now.
- in or into some place, position, state, relation, etc.: Please come in.
- on the inside;
- in one's house or office.
- in office or power.
- in possession or occupancy.
- having the turn to play, as in a game.
- [Baseball.](of an infielder or outfielder) in a position closer to home plate than usual;
short: The third baseman played in, expecting a bunt.
- on good terms;
in favor: He's in with his boss, but he doubts it will last.
- in vogue;
in style: He says straw hats will be in this year.
- in season: Watermelons will soon be in.
- be in for, to be bound to undergo something, esp. a disagreeable experience: We are in for a long speech.
- in for it, [Slang.]about to suffer chastisement or unpleasant consequences, esp. of one's own actions or omissions: I forgot our anniversary again, and I'll be in for it now.Also,[Brit.,] for it.
- in with, on friendly terms with;
familiar or associating with: They are in with all the important people.
- located or situated within;
internal: the in part of a mechanism.
- in favor with advanced or sophisticated people;
stylish: the in place to dine; Her new novel is the in book to read this summer.
- comprehensible only to a special or ultrasophisticated group: an in joke.
included in a favored group.
inbound: an in train.
- being in power, authority, control, etc.: a member of the in party.
- playing the last nine holes of an eighteen-hole golf course (opposed to out): His in score on the second round was 34.
- Usually, ins. persons in office or political power (distinguished from outs).
- a member of the political party in power: The election made him an in.
- pull or influence;
a social advantage or connection: He's got an in with the senator.
- (in tennis, squash, handball, etc.) a return or service that lands within the in-bounds limits of a court or section of a court (opposed to out).
v.t. Brit. [Dial.]
- to enclose.
Thethe1 (stressed ᵺē; unstressed before a consonant ᵺə;
unstressed before a vowel ᵺē),USA pronunciation definite article.
- (used, esp. before a noun, with a specifying or particularizing effect, as opposed to the indefinite or generalizing force of the indefinite article a or an): the book you gave me; Come into the house.
- (used to mark a proper noun, natural phenomenon, ship, building, time, point of the compass, branch of endeavor, or field of study as something well-known or unique):the sun;
the past; the West.
- (used with or as part of a title): the Duke of Wellington; the Reverend John Smith.
- (used to mark a noun as indicating the best-known, most approved, most important, most satisfying, etc.): the skiing center of the U.S.; If you're going to work hard, now is the time.
- (used to mark a noun as being used generically): The dog is a quadruped.
- (used in place of a possessive pronoun, to note a part of the body or a personal belonging): He won't be able to play football until the leg mends.
- (used before adjectives that are used substantively, to note an individual, a class or number of individuals, or an abstract idea): to visit the sick; from the sublime to the ridiculous.
- (used before a modifying adjective to specify or limit its modifying effect): He took the wrong road and drove miles out of his way.
- (used to indicate one particular decade of a lifetime or of a century): the sixties; the gay nineties.
- (one of many of a class or type, as of a manufactured item, as opposed to an individual one): Did you listen to the radio last night?
- enough: He saved until he had the money for a new car. She didn't have the courage to leave.
- (used distributively, to note any one separately) for, to, or in each;
a or an: at one dollar the pound.
Yearsyear (yēr),USA pronunciation n.
Also, year in, year out.
- a period of 365 or 366 days, in the Gregorian calendar, divided into 12 calendar months, now reckoned as beginning Jan. 1 and ending Dec. 31(calendar year or civil year). Cf. common year, leap year.
- a period of approximately the same length in other calendars.
- a space of 12 calendar months calculated from any point: This should have been finished a year ago.
- Also called lunar year. a division of time equal to 12 lunar months.
- Also called astronomical year, equinoctial year, solar year, tropical year. a division of time equal to about 365 days, 5 hours, 48 minutes, and 46 seconds, representing the interval between one vernal equinox and the next.
- Also called sidereal year. a division of time equal to the equinoctial year plus 20 minutes, representing the time required for the earth to complete one revolution around the sun, measured with relation to the fixed stars. Cf. anomalistic year.
- the time in which any planet completes a revolution round the sun: the Martian year.
- a full round of the seasons.
- a period out of every 12 months, devoted to a certain pursuit, activity, or the like: the academic year.
- old age: a man of years.
period: the years of hardship and frustration.
- an unusually long period of time of indefinite length: I haven't spoken to them in years.
- a group of students entering school or college, graduating, or expecting to graduate in the same year;
- a year and a day, a period specified as the limit of time in various legal matters, as in determining a right or a liability, to allow for a full year by any way of counting.
- from the year one, for a very long time;
as long as anyone remembers: He's been with the company from the year one.
- year in and year out, regularly through the years;
continually: Year in and year out they went to Florida for the winter.
Anan1 (ən; when stressed an),USA pronunciation indefinite article.
- the form of a before an initial vowel sound (an arch;
an honor) and sometimes, esp. in British English, before an initial unstressed syllable beginning with a silent or weakly pronounced h: an historian.
Numbernum•ber (num′bər),USA pronunciation n.
- a numeral or group of numerals.
- the sum, total, count, or aggregate of a collection of units, or the like: A number of people were hurt in the accident. The number of homeless children in the city has risen alarmingly.
- a word or symbol, or a combination of words or symbols, used in counting or in noting a total.
- the particular numeral assigned to an object so as to designate its place in a series: house number; license number.
- one of a series of things distinguished by or marked with numerals.
- a certain collection, company, or quantity not precisely reckoned, but usually considerable or large: I've gone there a number of times.
- the full count of a collection or company.
- a collection or company.
- a quantity of individuals: Their number was more than 20,000.
- a considerable amount or quantity;
many: Numbers flocked to the city to see the parade.
- metrical feet;
- musical periods, measures, or groups of notes.
- See numbers pool (def. 1).
- the figures representing the actual cost, expense, profit, etc.: We won't make a decision until we see the numbers.
- quantity as composed of units: to increase the number of eligible voters.
- numerical strength or superiority;
complement: The garrison is not up to its full number.
- a tune or arrangement for singing or dancing.
- a single or distinct performance within a show, as a song or dance: The comic routine followed the dance number.
- a single part of a program made up of a group of similar parts: For her third number she played a nocturne.
- any of a collection of poems or songs.
- a distinct part of an extended musical work or one in a sequence of compositions.
- conformity in music or verse to regular beat or measure;
- a single part of a book published in a series of parts.
- a single issue of a periodical: several numbers of a popular magazine.
- a code of numerals, letters, or a combination of these assigned to a particular telephone: Did you call the right number?
- a category of noun, verb, or adjective inflection found in many languages, as English, Latin, and Arabic, used to indicate whether a word has one or more than one referent. There may be a two-way distinction in number, as between singular and plural, three-way, as between singular, dual, and plural, or more.
individual: the attractive number standing at the bar.
- an article of merchandise, esp. of wearing apparel, offered for sale: Put those leather numbers in the display window.
- mathematics regarded as a science, a basic concept, and a mode of thought: Number is the basis of science.
- by the numbers:
- according to standard procedure, rules, customs, etc.;
by the book: We're going to run things here by the numbers.
- together or in unison to a called-out count: calisthenics by the numbers.
- do a number on:
- to undermine, defeat, humiliate, or criticize thoroughly: The committee really did a number on the mayor's proposal.
- to discuss or discourse about, esp. in an entertaining way: She could do a number on anything from dentistry to the Bomb.
- do one's number:
- to give a performance;
perform: It's time for you to get on stage and do your number.
- [Slang.]to behave in a predictable or customary manner: Whenever I call, he does his number about being too busy to talk.
- get or have someone's number, to become informed about someone's real motives, character, intentions, etc.: He was only interested in her fortune, but she got his number fast.
- have one's number on it, to be thought of as the instrument of fate in the death of a person: That bullet had his number on it.
- one's number is (was, will be) up:
- one is (was, will be) in serious trouble.
- one is (was, will be) on the point of death: Convinced that her number was up anyway, she refused to see doctors.
- without number, of unknown or countless number;
vast: stars without number.
- to mark with or distinguish by numbers: Number each of the definitions.
- to amount to or comprise in number;
total: The manuscript already numbers 425 pages.
- to consider or include in a number: I number myself among his friends.
- to count over one by one;
tell: to number one's blessings.
- to mention individually or one by one;
enumerate: They numbered the highlights of their trip at length.
- to set or fix the number of;
limit in number;
make few in number: The sick old man's days are numbered.
- to live or have lived (a number of years).
- to ascertain the number of;
- to apportion or divide: The players were numbered into two teams.
- to make a total;
reach an amount: Casualties numbered in the thousands.
- to be numbered or included (usually fol. by among or with): Several eminent scientists number among his friends.
- to count.
Ofof1 (uv, ov; unstressed əv or, esp. before consonants, ə),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used to indicate distance or direction from, separation, deprivation, etc.): within a mile of the church; south of Omaha; to be robbed of one's money.
- (used to indicate derivation, origin, or source): a man of good family; the plays of Shakespeare; a piece of cake.
- (used to indicate cause, motive, occasion, or reason): to die of hunger.
- (used to indicate material, component parts, substance, or contents): a dress of silk; a book of poems; a package of cheese.
- (used to indicate apposition or identity): Is that idiot of a salesman calling again?
- (used to indicate specific identity or a particular item within a category): the city of Chicago; thoughts of love.
- (used to indicate possession, connection, or association): the king of France; the property of the church.
- (used to indicate inclusion in a number, class, or whole): one of us.
- (used to indicate the objective relation, the object of the action noted by the preceding noun or the application of a verb or adjective): the ringing of bells; He writes her of home; I'm tired of working.
- (used to indicate reference or respect): There is talk of peace.
- (used to indicate qualities or attributes): an ambassador of remarkable tact.
- (used to indicate a specified time): They arrived of an evening.
- [Chiefly Northern U.S.]before the hour of;
until: twenty minutes of five.
- on the part of: It was very mean of you to laugh at me.
- in respect to: fleet of foot.
- set aside for or devoted to: a minute of prayer.
- [Archaic.]by: consumed of worms.
Willwill1 (wil),USA pronunciation auxiliary v. and v., pres. sing. 1st pers. will, 2nd will or ([Archaic]) wilt, 3rd will, pres. pl. will* past sing. 1st pers. would, 2nd would or ([Archaic]) wouldst, 3rd would, past pl. would;
past part. ([Obs.]) wold or would;
imperative, infinitive, and pres. participle lacking.
- am (is, are, etc.) about or going to: I will be there tomorrow. She will see you at dinner.
- am (is, are, etc.) disposed or willing to: People will do right.
- am (is, are, etc.) expected or required to: You will report to the principal at once.
- may be expected or supposed to: You will not have forgotten him. This will be right.
- am (is, are, etc.) determined or sure to (used emphatically): You would do it. People will talk.
- am (is, are, etc.) accustomed to, or do usually or often: You will often see her sitting there. He would write for hours at a time.
- am (is, are, etc.) habitually disposed or inclined to: Boys will be boys. After dinner they would read aloud.
- am (is, are, etc.) capable of;
can: This tree will live without water for three months.
- am (is, are, etc.) going to: I will bid you "Good night.''
- to wish;
like: Go where you will. Ask, if you will, who the owner is.
Comecome (kum),USA pronunciation v., came, come, com•ing, n.
- to approach or move toward a particular person or place: Come here. Don't come any closer!
- to arrive by movement or in the course of progress: The train from Boston is coming.
- to approach or arrive in time, in succession, etc.: Christmas comes once a year. I'll come to your question next.
- to move into view;
- to extend;
reach: The dress comes to her knees.
- to take place;
happen: Success comes to those who strive.
- to occur at a certain point, position, etc.: Tuesday comes after Monday. Her aria comes in the third act.
- to be available, produced, offered, etc.: Toothpaste comes in a tube.
- to occur to the mind: The idea just came to me.
- to befall: They promised no harm would come to us.
- to issue;
be derived: Peaches come from trees. Good results do not come from careless work.
- to arrive or appear as a result: This comes of carelessness.
- to enter or be brought into a specified state or condition: to come into popular use.
- to do or manage;
fare: She's coming along well with her work.
- to enter into being or existence;
be born: The baby came at dawn.
- to have been a resident or to be a native of (usually fol. by from): She comes from Florida.
- to become: His shoes came untied.
- to seem to become: His fears made the menacing statues come alive. The work will come easy with a little practice.
- (used in the imperative to call attention or to express impatience, anger, remonstrance, etc.): Come, that will do!
- to germinate, as grain.
- [Informal.]to have an orgasm.
- [Chiefly Brit.]to do;
- [Informal.]to play the part of: to come the grande dame.
- come about:
- to come to pass;
- [Naut.]to tack.
- come across:
- Also, come upon. to find or encounter, esp. by chance: I came across this picture when I was cleaning out the attic. We suddenly came upon a deer while walking in the woods.
- [Informal.]to make good one's promise, as to pay a debt, do what is expected, etc.: to come across with the rent.
- to be understandable or convincing: The moral of this story doesn't come across.
- [Informal.]to make a particular impression;
comport oneself: She comes across as a very cold person.
- come again, (used as a request to repeat a statement).
- come along:
- to accompany someone, attend as part of a group: He didn't come along on the last trip.
- to proceed, develop, or advance sufficiently or successfully: The new project was coming along quite smoothly.
- to appear;
emerge as a factor or possibility: Even if another job comes along this summer, I won't take it.
- come and go, to occur briefly or suddenly but never for long;
appear and disappear.
- come around or round:
- to recover consciousness;
- to change one's opinion, decision, etc., esp. to agree with another's.
- to visit: Come around more often.
- to cease being angry, hurt, etc.
- come at:
- to arrive at;
- to rush at;
attack: The watchdog came at the intruder.
- come back:
- to return, esp. to one's memory: It all comes back to me now.
- to return to a former position or state.
- to talk back;
retort: to come back with a witty remark.
- come between, to cause to be estranged or antagonized: Love of money came between the brothers.
- come by, to obtain;
acquire: How did he ever come by so much money?
- come down:
- to lose wealth, rank, etc.;
be reduced in circumstances or status.
- to be handed down by tradition or inheritance.
- to be relayed or passed along from a source of higher rank or authority: The general's orders will come down tomorrow.
- to take place;
- [Slang.]to lose one's euphoria, enthusiasm, or esp. the effects of a drug high.
- come down on or upon:
- to voice one's opposition to: She came down on increased spending and promised to cut the budget.
- to reprimand;
scold: He came down on me for getting to work late.
- come down on the side of, to support or favor: I want to come down on the side of truth and justice.
- come down with, to become afflicted with (an illness): Many people came down with the flu this year.
- come forward, to offer one's services;
volunteer: When the president called for volunteers, several members of our group came forward.
- come home, [Naut.]
- (of an anchor) to begin to drag.
- (of an object) to move when hauled upon.
- come in:
- to enter.
- to arrive.
- to come into use or fashion.
- to begin to produce or yield: The oil well finally came in.
- to be among the winners: His horse came in and paid 5 to 1.
- to finish in a race or any competition, as specified: Our bobsled team came in fifth.
- come in for, to receive;
be subjected to: This plan will no doubt come in for a great deal of criticism.
- come into:
- to acquire;
- to inherit: He came into a large fortune at the age of 21.
- come off, [Informal.]
- to happen;
- to reach the end;
acquit oneself: to come off with honors.
- to be given or completed;
result: Her speech came off very well.
- to succeed;
be successful: The end of the novel just doesn't come off.
- come off it, [Informal.]to stop being wrong, foolish, or pretentious;
be truthful or honest: Come off it--we know you're as poor as the rest of us.
- come on:
- Also, come upon. to meet or find unexpectedly.
- to make progress;
- to appear on stage;
make one's entrance.
- to begin;
appear: The last showing will be coming on in a few minutes.
- [Informal.](used chiefly in the imperative) to hurry;
begin: Come on, before it rains!
- [Informal.](as an entreaty or attempt at persuasion) please: Come on, go with us to the movies.
- to try to make an impression or have an effect;
present oneself: She comes on a bit too strong for my taste.
- [Slang.]to make sexual advances: a Lothario who was always coming on with the women at the office.
- come on to, [Slang.]to make sexual advances to.
- come out:
- to be published;
- to become known;
- to make a debut in society, the theater, etc.
- to end;
emerge: The fight came out badly, as both combatants were injured.
- to make more or less public acknowledgment of being homosexual.
- come out for, to endorse or support publicly: The newspaper came out for the reelection of the mayor.
- come out with:
- to speak, esp. to confess or reveal something.
- to make available to the public;
bring out: The publisher is coming out with a revised edition of the textbook.
- come over:
- to happen to;
affect: What's come over him?
- to change sides or positions;
change one's mind: He was initially against the plan, but he's come over now.
- to visit informally: Our neighbors came over last night and we had a good chat.
- come round:
- See come (def. 29).
- (of a sailing vessel) to head toward the wind;
- come through:
- to endure or finish successfully.
- [Informal.]to do as expected or hoped;
succeed: We knew you'd come through for us.
- [Informal.]to experience religious conversion.
- come to:
- to recover consciousness.
- to amount to;
- [Naut.]to take the way off a vessel, as by bringing her head into the wind or anchoring.
- come to pass, to happen;
- come under:
- to fit into a category or classification: This play comes under the heading of social criticism.
- to be the province or responsibility of: This matter comes under the State Department.
- come up:
- to be referred to;
arise: The subject kept coming up in conversation.
- to be presented for action or discussion: The farm bill comes up for consideration next Monday.
- come upon. See come (defs. 25a, 45a).
- come up to:
- to approach;
near: A panhandler came up to us in the street.
- to compare with as to quantity, excellence, etc.;
equal: This piece of work does not come up to your usual standard.
- come up with, to produce;
supply: Can you come up with the right answer?
- come what may, no matter what may happen;
regardless of any opposition, argument, or consequences: Come what may, he will not change his mind.
- where one is coming from, where the source of one's beliefs, attitudes, or feelings lies: It's hard to understand where your friend is coming from when he says such crazy things.
- (vulgar). semen.
Toto (to̅o̅; unstressed tŏŏ, tə),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used for expressing motion or direction toward a point, person, place, or thing approached and reached, as opposed to from): They came to the house.
- (used for expressing direction or motion or direction toward something) in the direction of;
toward: from north to south.
- (used for expressing limit of movement or extension): He grew to six feet.
- (used for expressing contact or contiguity) on;
upon: a right uppercut to the jaw; Apply varnish to the surface.
- (used for expressing a point of limit in time) before;
until: to this day; It is ten minutes to six. We work from nine to five.
- (used for expressing aim, purpose, or intention): going to the rescue.
- (used for expressing destination or appointed end): sentenced to jail.
- (used for expressing agency, result, or consequence): to my dismay; The flowers opened to the sun.
- (used for expressing a resulting state or condition): He tore it to pieces.
- (used for expressing the object of inclination or desire): They drank to her health.
- (used for expressing the object of a right or claim): claimants to an estate.
- (used for expressing limit in degree, condition, or amount): wet to the skin; goods amounting to $1000; Tomorrow's high will be 75 to 80°.
- (used for expressing addition or accompaniment) with: He added insult to injury. They danced to the music. Where is the top to this box?
- (used for expressing attachment or adherence): She held to her opinion.
- (used for expressing comparison or opposition): inferior to last year's crop; The score is eight to seven.
- (used for expressing agreement or accordance) according to;
by: a position to one's liking; to the best of my knowledge.
- (used for expressing reference, reaction, or relation): What will he say to this?
- (used for expressing a relative position): parallel to the roof.
- (used for expressing a proportion of number or quantity) in;
making up: 12 to the dozen; 20 miles to the gallon.
- (used for indicating the indirect object of a verb, for connecting a verb with its complement, or for indicating or limiting the application of an adjective, noun, or pronoun): Give it to me. I refer to your work.
- (used as the ordinary sign or accompaniment of the infinitive, as in expressing motion, direction, or purpose, in ordinary uses with a substantive object.)
- raised to the power indicated: Three to the fourth is 81( 34 = 81).
- toward a point, person, place, or thing, implied or understood.
- toward a contact point or closed position: Pull the door to.
- toward a matter, action, or work: We turned to with a will.
- into a state of consciousness;
out of unconsciousness: after he came to.
- to and fro. See fro (def. 2).
Thatthat (ᵺat; unstressed ᵺət),USA pronunciation pron. and adj., pl.those;
- (used to indicate a person, thing, idea, state, event, time, remark, etc., as pointed out or present, mentioned before, supposed to be understood, or by way of emphasis): That is her mother. After that we saw each other.
- (used to indicate one of two or more persons, things, etc., already mentioned, referring to the one more remote in place, time, or thought;
opposed to this): This is my sister and that's my cousin.
- (used to indicate one of two or more persons, things, etc., already mentioned, implying a contrast or contradistinction;
opposed to this): This suit fits better than that.
- (used as the subject or object of a relative clause, esp. one defining or restricting the antecedent, sometimes replaceable by who, whom, or which): the horse that he bought.
- (used as the object of a preposition, with the preposition standing at the end of a relative clause): the farm that I spoke of.
- (used in various special or elliptical constructions): fool that he is.
- at that:
- in spite of something;
nevertheless: Although perhaps too elaborate, it seemed like a good plan at that.
- in addition;
besides: It was a long wait, and an exasperating one at that.
- that is, (by way of explanation, clarification, or an example);
more accurately: I read the book, that is, I read most of it.Also, that is to say.
- that's that, there is no more to be said or done;
that is finished: I'm not going, and that's that!
- with that, following that;
thereupon: With that, he turned on his heel and fled.
- (used to indicate a person, place, thing, or degree as indicated, mentioned before, present, or as well-known or characteristic): That woman is her mother. Those little mannerisms of hers make me sick.
- (used to indicate the more remote in time, place, or thought of two persons, things, etc., already mentioned;
opposed to this): This room is his and that one is mine.
- (used to imply mere contradistinction;
opposed to this): not this house, but that one.
- that way, [Informal.]in love or very fond of (usually fol. by about or for): The star and the director are that way. I'm that way about coffee.
- (used with adjectives and adverbs of quantity or extent) to the extent or degree indicated: that much; The fish was that big.
- to a great extent or degree;
very: It's not that important.
- [Dial.](used to modify an adjective or another adverb) to such an extent: He was that weak he could hardly stand.
- (used to introduce a subordinate clause as the subject or object of the principal verb or as the necessary complement to a statement made, or a clause expressing cause or reason, purpose or aim, result or consequence, etc.): I'm sure that you'll like it. That he will come is certain. Hold it up so that everyone can see it.
- (used elliptically to introduce an exclamation expressing desire, a wish, surprise, indignation, or other strong feeling): Oh, that I had never been born!
Policepo•lice (pə lēs′),USA pronunciation n., v., -liced, -lic•ing.
- Also called police force. an organized civil force for maintaining order, preventing and detecting crime, and enforcing the laws.
- (used with a pl. v.) members of such a force: Several police are patrolling the neighborhood.
- the regulation and control of a community, esp. for the maintenance of public order, safety, health, morals, etc.
- the department of the government concerned with this, esp. with the maintenance of order.
- any body of people officially maintained or employed to keep order, enforce regulations, etc.
- people who seek to regulate a specified activity, practice, etc.: the language police.
- (in the U.S. Army)
- the cleaning and keeping clean of a camp, post, station, etc.
- the condition of a camp, post, station, etc., with reference to cleanliness.
- to regulate, control, or keep in order by or as if by means of police.
- to clean and keep clean (a camp, post, etc.)
Officersof•fi•cer (ô′fə sər, of′ə-),USA pronunciation n.
- a person who holds a position of rank or authority in the army, navy, air force, or any similar organization, esp. one who holds a commission.
- a member of a police department or a constable.
- a person licensed to take full or partial responsibility for the operation of a merchant ship or other large civilian ship; a master or mate.
- a person appointed or elected to some position of responsibility or authority in the government, a corporation, a society, etc.
- (in some honorary orders) a member of any rank except the lowest.
- [Obs.]an agent.
- to furnish with officers.
- to command or direct as an officer does.
- to direct, conduct, or manage.
Bebe (bē;[unstressed]bē, bi),USA pronunciation v. and auxiliary v., pres. sing. 1st pers. am, 2nd are or ([Archaic]) art, 3rd is, pres. pl. are* past sing. 1st pers. was, 2nd were or ([Archaic]) wast or wert, 3rd was, past pl. were;
pres. subj. be;
past subj. sing. 1st pers. were, 2nd were or ([Archaic]) wert, 3rd were;
past subj. pl. were;
past part. been;
pres. part. be•ing.
- to exist or live: Shakespeare's "To be or not to be'' is the ultimate question.
- to take place;
occur: The wedding was last week.
- to occupy a place or position: The book is on the table.
- to continue or remain as before: Let things be.
- to belong;
befall: May good fortune be with you.
- (used as a copula to connect the subject with its predicate adjective, or predicate nominative, in order to describe, identify, or amplify the subject): Martha is tall. John is president. This is she.
- (used as a copula to introduce or form interrogative or imperative sentences): Is that right? Be quiet! Don't be facetious.
- (used with the present participle of another verb to form the progressive tense): I am waiting.
- (used with the present participle or infinitive of the principal verb to indicate future action): She is visiting there next week. He is to see me today.
- (used with the past participle of another verb to form the passive voice): The date was fixed. It must be done.
- (used in archaic or literary constructions with some intransitive verbs to form the perfect tense): He is come. Agamemnon to the wars is gone.
Withwith (with, wiᵺ),USA pronunciation prep.
- accompanied by;
accompanying: I will go with you. He fought with his brother against the enemy.
- in some particular relation to (esp. implying interaction, company, association, conjunction, or connection): I dealt with the problem. She agreed with me.
- characterized by or having: a person with initiative.
- (of means or instrument) by the use of;
using: to line a coat with silk; to cut with a knife.
- (of manner) using or showing: to work with diligence.
- in correspondence, comparison, or proportion to: Their power increased with their number. How does their plan compare with ours?
- in regard to: to be pleased with a gift.
- (of cause) owing to: to die with pneumonia; to pale with fear.
- in the region, sphere, or view of: It is day with us while it is night with the Chinese.
- (of separation) from: to part with a thing.
- against, as in opposition or competition: He fought with his brother over the inheritance.
- in the keeping or service of: to leave something with a friend.
- in affecting the judgment, estimation, or consideration of: Her argument carried a lot of weight with the trustees.
- at the same time as or immediately after;
upon: And with that last remark, she turned and left.
- of the same opinion or conviction as: Are you with me or against me?
- in proximity to or in the same household as: He lives with his parents.
- (used as a function word to specify an additional circumstance or condition): We climbed the hill, with Jeff following behind.
- in with. See in (def. 22).
- with child, pregnant.
- with it:
- knowledgeable about, sympathetic to, or partaking of the most up-to-date trends, fashions, art, etc.
- representing or characterized by the most up-to-date trends, fashions, art, etc.
- with that. See that (def. 10).
Bodybod•y (bod′ē),USA pronunciation n., pl. bod•ies, v., bod•ied, bod•y•ing, adj.
- the physical structure and material substance of an animal or plant, living or dead.
- a corpse;
- the trunk or main mass of a thing: the body of a tree.
- [Anat., Zool.]the physical structure of a human being or animal, not including the head, limbs, and tail;
- the principal mass of a building.
- the section of a vehicle, usually in the shape of a box, cylindrical container, or platform, in or on which passengers or the load is carried.
- the hull of a ship.
- [Aeron.]the fuselage of a plane.
- the shank of a type, supporting the face. See diag. under type.
- [Geom.]a figure having the three dimensions of length, breadth, and thickness;
- a mass, esp. one considered as a whole.
- the major portion of an army, population, etc.: The body of the American people favors the president's policy.
- the principal part of a speech or document, minus introduction, conclusion, indexes, etc.
- a person: She's a quiet sort of body.
- the physical person of an individual.
- a collective group: student body; corporate body.
- an object in space, as a planet or star.
- a separate physical mass or quantity, esp. as distinguished from other masses or quantities.
- consistency or density;
substance: This wine has good body. Wool has more body than rayon.
- the part of a dress that covers the trunk or the part of the trunk above the waist.
- the basic material of which a ceramic article is made.
- in a body, as a group;
collectively: We left the party in a body.
- keep body and soul together, to support oneself;
maintain life: Few writers can make enough to keep body and soul together without another occupation.
- to invest with or as with a body.
- to represent in bodily form (usually fol. by forth).
- of or pertaining to the body;
- of or pertaining to the main reading matter of a book, article, etc., as opposed to headings, illustrations, or the like.
Hi there, this image is about In The Coming Years An Increasing Number Of Americans Will Come To Expect That Their Police Officers Be Equipped With Body Cameras. (awesome How Much Do Police Officers Make #6). This image is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this attachment is 670 x 401. This attachment's file size is just 31 KB. If You ought to save This picture to Your PC, you may Click here. You could also see more pictures by clicking the following picture or read more at this post: How Much Do Police Officers Make.
One of many things that outline How Much Do Police Officers Make's sweetness could be the room's topic. Among the subjects that we must attempt may be the Bohemian type. The likes of the planet community within this type still haven't passed, although the Bohemian empire is definitely extinct. Particularly when you blend a minimalist-style that is not compound and it, but nevertheless cross eyed. This really is it, suggestion bedroom design How Much Do Police Officers Make. Easy steps to perform Bohemian model is always to exhibit your fashion accessories. Rings, scarves and bracelets usually are saved in a field, use it a hook. Maybe it's on the wall hanger or around the table.
Picture flowered or cultural motifs in vivid colors could make lovely and your area instantly boho. Not everything How Much Do Police Officers Make in the group. Bohemian style bedroom isn't the same as decorating style cheerful adolescent's room. Bohemian prefer feminism and European national personality that is powerful. Don't forget to put two indoor plants that are potted or one in the room. Rose may die. But, it would be better if you are using live plants as being a tongue- in-law flowers, clinging or clinging.
Bohemian right into a style that will be primarily employed by ladies. This type is used via tassels as braid, embroidery, travel, and an elegant feel, such. Theme encouraging materials ga, bohemian model kantha instance, and suzani. If it's difficult to locate, use batik or just two colors vibrant batik periphery. Elegant motifs and designs can be utilized through bed-sheet, the bedcover, support, curtain, place, or carpet. Bohemian originated from mainland Europe, particularly the Czech. Therefore, whenever choosing kind and a mode towards the furniture inside the bedroom, make sure it is not crashed by you with racial motifs Philippines, specially Java. Javanese cultural dark, as the brightly colored boho that is soft. Do not forget to include just a little touch of artwork for example, in the room poster, through the head statue - renaissance presented, or photos. Not difficult, is not it? You only need ordering the In The Coming Years An Increasing Number Of Americans Will Come To Expect That Their Police Officers Be Equipped With Body Cameras. (awesome How Much Do Police Officers Make #6) and to incorporate little mementos. Function as the bedrooms bohemian type that is minimalist. You will find other tips for decorating a room?