Findfind (fīnd),USA pronunciation v., found, find•ing, n.
- to come upon by chance;
meet with: He found a nickel in the street.
- to locate, attain, or obtain by search or effort: to find an apartment; to find happiness.
- to locate or recover (something lost or misplaced): I can't find my blue socks.
- to discover or perceive after consideration: to find something to be true.
- to gain or regain the use of: His anger finally helped him find his tongue.
- to ascertain by study or calculation: to find the sum of several numbers.
- to feel or perceive: He finds it so.
- to become aware of, or discover (oneself ), as being in a condition or location: After a long illness, he found himself well again. She woke to find herself at home.
- to discover: Columbus found America in 1492.
- to determine after judicial inquiry: to find a person guilty.
- to pronounce as an official act (an indictment, verdict, or judgment).
- to provide or furnish: Bring blankets and we'll find the rest of the equipment for the trip.
- [South Midland and Southern U.S.](of farm animals) to give birth to: The brown cow found a calf yesterday.
- to determine an issue after judicial inquiry: The jury found for the plaintiff.
- [Hunting Brit.]to come upon game.
- find fault. See fault (def. 12).
- find oneself, to discover where one's real interests or talents lie, and follow them: After trying many occupations, he finally found himself and became an account executive.
- find out:
- to discover or confirm the truth of (something).
- to detect or expose, as a crime or offense.
- to uncover the true nature, identity, or intentions of (someone): They found him out before he could launch the rebellion.
- an act of finding or discovering.
- something found;
a discovery, esp. a valuable or gratifying one: Our cook was a find.
- [Hunting.]a discovery of game, esp. foxes.
Andand (and; unstressed ənd, ən, or, esp. after a homorganic consonant, n),USA pronunciation conj.
- (used to connect grammatically coordinate words, phrases, or clauses) along or together with;
as well as;
in addition to;
moreover: pens and pencils.
- added to;
plus: 2 and 2 are 4.
- then: He read for an hour and went to bed.
- also, at the same time: to sleep and dream.
- then again;
repeatedly: He coughed and coughed.
- (used to imply different qualities in things having the same name): There are bargains and bargains, so watch out.
- (used to introduce a sentence, implying continuation) also;
then: And then it happened.
- [Informal.]to (used between two finite verbs): Try and do it. Call and see if she's home yet.
- (used to introduce a consequence or conditional result): He felt sick and decided to lie down for a while. Say one more word about it and I'll scream.
on the contrary: He tried to run five miles and couldn't. They said they were about to leave and then stayed for two more hours.
- (used to connect alternatives): He felt that he was being forced to choose between his career and his family.
- (used to introduce a comment on the preceding clause): They don't like each other--and with good reason.
- [Archaic.]if: and you please.Cf. an2.
- and so forth, and the like;
et cetera: We discussed traveling, sightseeing, and so forth.
- and so on, and more things or others of a similar kind;
and the like: It was a summer filled with parties, picnics, and so on.
- an added condition, stipulation, detail, or particular: He accepted the job, no ands or buts about it.
- conjunction (def. 5b).
Onon (on, ôn),USA pronunciation prep.
- so as to be or remain supported by or suspended from: Put your package down on the table; Hang your coat on the hook.
- so as to be attached to or unified with: Hang the picture on the wall. Paste the label on the package.
- so as to be a covering or wrapping for: Put the blanket on the baby. Put aluminum foil on the lamb chops before freezing them.
- in connection, association, or cooperation with;
as a part or element of: to serve on a jury.
- so as to be a supporting part, base, backing, etc., of: a painting on canvas; mounted on cardboard; legs on a chair.
- (used to indicate place, location, situation, etc.): a scar on the face; the book on the table; a house on 19th Street.
- (used to indicate immediate proximity): a house on the lake; to border on absurdity.
- in the direction of: on the left; to sail on a southerly course.
- (used to indicate a means of conveyance or a means of supporting or supplying movement): on the wing; This car runs on electricity. Can you walk on your hands? I'll be there on the noon plane.
- by the agency or means of: drunk on wine; talking on the phone; I saw it on television.
- in addition to: millions on millions of stars.
- with respect or regard to (used to indicate the object of an action directed against or toward): Let's play a joke on him. Write a critical essay on Shakespeare.
- in a state or condition of;
in the process of: on strike; The house is on fire!
- subject to: a doctor on call.
- engaged in or involved with: He's on the second chapter now.
- (used to indicate a source or a person or thing that serves as a source or agent): a duty on imported goods; She depends on her friends for encouragement.
- (used to indicate a basis or ground): on my word of honor; The movie is based on the book.
- (used to indicate risk or liability): on pain of death.
- (used to indicate progress toward or completion of an objective): We completed the project on budget.
- assigned to or occupied with;
operating: Who's on the switchboard this afternoon?
- [Informal.]so as to disturb or affect adversely: My hair dryer broke on me.
- paid for by, esp. as a treat or gift: Dinner is on me.
- taking or using as a prescribed measure, cure, or the like: The doctor had her on a low-salt diet.
- regularly taking or addicted to: He was on drugs for two years.
carried by: I have no money on me.
- (used to indicate time or occasion): on Sunday; We demand cash on delivery.
- (used to indicate the object or end of motion): to march on the capital.
- (used to indicate the object or end of action, thought, desire, etc.): to gaze on a scene.
- (used to indicate subject, reference, or respect): views on public matters.
- (used to indicate an encounter): The pickpocket crept up on a victim.
- on the bow, [Naut.]bow3 (def. 7).
- in, into, or onto a position of being supported or attached: Sew the buttons on.
- in, into, or onto a position of covering or wrapping: Put your raincoat on.
- fast to a thing, as for support: Hold on!
- toward a place, point, activity, or object: to look on while others work.
- forward, onward, or along, as in any course or process: further on.
- with continuous activity: to work on.
- into or in active operation or performance: Turn the gas on.
- on and off, off (def. 22a).
- on and on, at great length, so as to become tiresome: They rambled on and on about their grandchildren.
- operating or in use: The television set was on. Is your brake on?
- taking place;
occurring: Don't you know there's a war on?
- performing or broadcasting: The radio announcer told us we were on.
- behaving in a theatrical, lively, or ingratiating way: Around close friends, one doesn't have to be on every minute.
- functioning or performing at one's best: When she's on, no other tennis player is half as good.
- scheduled or planned: Anything on after supper?
- [Baseball.]positioned on a base or bases: They had two men on when he hit the home run.
- [Cricket.]noting that side of the wicket, or of the field, on which the batsman stands.
- on to, aware of the true nature, motive, or meaning of: I'm on to your little game.
- [Cricket.]the on side.
Gardengar•den (gär′dn),USA pronunciation n.
- a plot of ground, usually near a house, where flowers, shrubs, vegetables, fruits, or herbs are cultivated.
- a piece of ground or other space, commonly with ornamental plants, trees, etc., used as a park or other public recreation area: a public garden.
- a fertile and delightful spot or region.
- [Brit.]yard2 (def. 1).
- pertaining to, produced in, or suitable for cultivation or use in a garden: fresh garden vegetables; garden furniture.
- lead up or down the garden path, to deceive or mislead in an enticing way;
delude: The voters had been led up the garden path too often to take a candidate's promises seriously.
- to lay out, cultivate, or tend a garden.
- to cultivate as a garden.
Hello guys, this blog post is about Find This Pin And More On Garden (charming How To Lay Sleepers #10). This post is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 4000 x 3000. This photo's file size is just 6370 KB. If You desired to download It to Your laptop, you could Click here. You might too see more pictures by clicking the following photo or read more at here: How To Lay Sleepers.
The usage of this style applies in the event you have kids who're grown outdated. You must avoid using these shades in case your kids are youngsters. Why? Yes needless to say, in order to avoid because not him preschoolers in playing with your preferred furniture, the impression of filthy that triggered.
Particularly when you have pets for example dogs or cats, must avoid the usage of furniture is white. You will be troubled with extra care. The white color is normally rapidly obvious if spots or dust. So you will soon be satisfied run-down and easily outdated, consequently no-more elegant, furniture.
Many more shades that you can use never to give particular effects to your home furniture's utilization design. If you pick How To Lay Sleepers that caused the inexplicable, for natural shade it is possible to pick green or brown leaves. For showing the colour black can represents an elegant and elegant perception.