Ofof1 (uv, ov; unstressed əv or, esp. before consonants, ə),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used to indicate distance or direction from, separation, deprivation, etc.): within a mile of the church; south of Omaha; to be robbed of one's money.
- (used to indicate derivation, origin, or source): a man of good family; the plays of Shakespeare; a piece of cake.
- (used to indicate cause, motive, occasion, or reason): to die of hunger.
- (used to indicate material, component parts, substance, or contents): a dress of silk; a book of poems; a package of cheese.
- (used to indicate apposition or identity): Is that idiot of a salesman calling again?
- (used to indicate specific identity or a particular item within a category): the city of Chicago; thoughts of love.
- (used to indicate possession, connection, or association): the king of France; the property of the church.
- (used to indicate inclusion in a number, class, or whole): one of us.
- (used to indicate the objective relation, the object of the action noted by the preceding noun or the application of a verb or adjective): the ringing of bells; He writes her of home; I'm tired of working.
- (used to indicate reference or respect): There is talk of peace.
- (used to indicate qualities or attributes): an ambassador of remarkable tact.
- (used to indicate a specified time): They arrived of an evening.
- [Chiefly Northern U.S.]before the hour of;
until: twenty minutes of five.
- on the part of: It was very mean of you to laugh at me.
- in respect to: fleet of foot.
- set aside for or devoted to: a minute of prayer.
- [Archaic.]by: consumed of worms.
Thethe1 (stressed ᵺē; unstressed before a consonant ᵺə;
unstressed before a vowel ᵺē),USA pronunciation definite article.
- (used, esp. before a noun, with a specifying or particularizing effect, as opposed to the indefinite or generalizing force of the indefinite article a or an): the book you gave me; Come into the house.
- (used to mark a proper noun, natural phenomenon, ship, building, time, point of the compass, branch of endeavor, or field of study as something well-known or unique):the sun;
the past; the West.
- (used with or as part of a title): the Duke of Wellington; the Reverend John Smith.
- (used to mark a noun as indicating the best-known, most approved, most important, most satisfying, etc.): the skiing center of the U.S.; If you're going to work hard, now is the time.
- (used to mark a noun as being used generically): The dog is a quadruped.
- (used in place of a possessive pronoun, to note a part of the body or a personal belonging): He won't be able to play football until the leg mends.
- (used before adjectives that are used substantively, to note an individual, a class or number of individuals, or an abstract idea): to visit the sick; from the sublime to the ridiculous.
- (used before a modifying adjective to specify or limit its modifying effect): He took the wrong road and drove miles out of his way.
- (used to indicate one particular decade of a lifetime or of a century): the sixties; the gay nineties.
- (one of many of a class or type, as of a manufactured item, as opposed to an individual one): Did you listen to the radio last night?
- enough: He saved until he had the money for a new car. She didn't have the courage to leave.
- (used distributively, to note any one separately) for, to, or in each;
a or an: at one dollar the pound.
Levellev•el (lev′əl),USA pronunciation adj., n., v., -eled, -el•ing or (esp. Brit.) -elled, -el•ling, adv.
- having no part higher than another;
having a flat or even surface.
- being in a plane parallel to the plane of the horizon;
- equal, as one thing with another or two or more things with one another.
- even, equable, or uniform.
- filled to a height even with the rim of a container: a level teaspoon of salt.
- mentally well-balanced;
rational: to keep a level head in a crisis.
- one's level best, one's very best;
one's utmost: We tried our level best to get here on time.
- a device used for determining or adjusting something to a horizontal surface.
- Also called surveyor's level. an instrument for observing levels, having a sighting device, usually telescopic, and capable of being made precisely horizontal.
- an observation made with this instrument.
- See spirit level.
- an imaginary line or surface everywhere at right angles to the plumb line.
- the horizontal line or plane in which anything is situated, with regard to its elevation.
- a horizontal position or condition.
- an extent of land approximately horizontal and unbroken by irregularities.
- a level or flat surface.
- a position with respect to a given or specified height: The water rose to a level of 30 feet.
- a position or plane in a graded scale of values;
rank: His acting was on the level of an amateur. They associated only with those on their own economic level.
- an extent, measure, or degree of intensity, achievement, etc.: a high level of sound; an average level of writing skill.
- a major subdivision of linguistic structure, as phonology, morphology, or syntax, often viewed as hierarchically ordered. Cf. component (def. 6a), stratum (def. 8).
- the interconnected horizontal mine workings at a particular elevation or depth: There had been a cave-in on the 1500-foot level.
- find one's or one's own level, to attain the place or position merited by one's abilities or achievements: He finally found his level as one of the directors of the firm.
- on the level, [Informal.]honest;
reliable: Is this information on the level?
- to make (a surface) level, even, or flat: to level ground before building.
- to raise or lower to a particular level or position;
to make horizontal.
- to bring (something) to the level of the ground: They leveled the trees to make way for the new highway.
- to knock down (a person): He leveled his opponent with one blow.
- to make equal, as in status or condition.
- to make even or uniform, as coloring.
- [Historical Ling.](of the alternative forms of a paradigm) to reduce in number or regularize: Old English "him''(dative) and "hine'' (accusative) have been leveled to Modern English "him.''
- to aim or point (a weapon, criticism, etc.) at a mark or objective: He leveled his criticism at the college as a whole.
- to find the relative elevation of different points in (land), as with a level.
- to bring things or persons to a common level.
- to aim a weapon, criticism, etc., at a mark or objective.
- to take a level.
- to use a leveling instrument.
- to speak truthfully and openly (often fol. by with): You're not leveling with me about your trip to Chicago.
- [Obs.]to direct the mind, purpose, etc., at something.
- level off:
- [Aeron.]to maintain a constant altitude after a climb or descent.
- to become stable;
reach a constant or limit.
- to make even or smooth.
- [Obs.]in a level, direct, or even way or line.
Plumbingplumb•ing (plum′ing),USA pronunciation n.
- the system of pipes and other apparatus for conveying water, liquid wastes, etc., as in a building.
- the work or trade of a plumber.
- act of a person who plumbs, as in ascertaining depth.
Coursecourse (kôrs, kōrs),USA pronunciation n., v., coursed, cours•ing.
- a direction or route taken or to be taken.
- the path, route, or channel along which anything moves: the course of a stream.
- advance or progression in a particular direction;
forward or onward movement.
- the continuous passage or progress through time or a succession of stages: in the course of a year; in the course of the battle.
- the track, ground, water, etc., on which a race is run, sailed, etc.: One runner fell halfway around the course.
- a particular manner of proceeding: a course of action.
- a customary manner of procedure;
regular or natural order of events: as a matter of course; the course of a disease.
- a mode of conduct;
- a systematized or prescribed series: a course of lectures; a course of medical treatments.
- a program of instruction, as in a college or university: a course in economics.
- a prescribed number of instruction periods or classes in a particular field of study.
- a part of a meal served at one time: The main course was roast chicken with mashed potatoes and peas.
- the line along the earth's surface upon or over which a vessel, an aircraft, etc., proceeds: described by its bearing with relation to true or magnetic north.
- a point of the compass.
- [Naut.]the lowermost sail on a fully square-rigged mast: designated by a special name, as foresail or mainsail, or by the designation of the mast itself, as fore course or main course. See diag. under ship.
- a continuous and usually horizontal range of bricks, shingles, etc., as in a wall or roof.
- one of the pairs of strings on an instrument of the lute family, tuned in unison or in octaves to increase the volume.
- the row of stitches going across from side to side in knitting and other needlework (opposed to wale).
- Often, courses. the menses.
- a charge by knights in a tournament.
- a pursuit of game with dogs by sight rather than by scent.
- See golf course.
- a race.
- in due course, in the proper or natural order of events;
eventually: They will get their comeuppance in due course.
- of course:
definitely: Of course I'll come to the party.
- in the usual or natural order of things: Extra services are charged for, of course.
- to run through or over.
- to chase;
- to hunt (game) with dogs by sight rather than by scent.
- to cause (dogs) to pursue game by sight rather than by scent.
- [Masonry.]to lay (bricks, stones, etc.) in courses.
- to follow a course;
direct one's course.
- to run, race, or move swiftly: The blood of ancient emperors courses through his veins.
- to take part in a hunt with hounds, a tilting match, etc.
Hi there, this picture is about Third Week Of The Level 2 Plumbing Course ( Nvq Level 2 Plumbing Course Pictures #4). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this image is 1216 x 684. It's file size is just 78 KB. If You decided to save This picture to Your computer, you could Click here. You could also download more attachments by clicking the following image or see more at this post: Nvq Level 2 Plumbing Course.
Such that it feels relaxed and fairly important to give consideration, planning the living room. The cozy Third Week Of The Level 2 Plumbing Course ( Nvq Level 2 Plumbing Course Pictures #4) is likely to make buddies the visitors, or relatives who arrive at trip to feel at home. As well as the good feeling that you may, wouldn't be good should you could invest some time speaking within this place with them? Organizing home design family area you can begin by selecting a right seat styles.
There are numerous selections of materials that one may select. Beginning with one-piece of timber to wood or metal frame covered with foam and cloth multi faceted. If placed in the space modern classic style timber can bolster the effect. Nevertheless, a comfortable natural environment can be added by program of wood in a minimal modern space.
Selection of liking you and an effective seat, may support the living room's look. Model that is chair could you select must match with the style moved from the house itself. If your contemporary family room filled with chairs modern and minimalist Nvq Level 2 Plumbing Course might seem unusual. Contemporary impact could be stronger extended in the event you select a chair that has carvings along with details that are traditional that are other.