Medicinemed•i•cine (med′ə sin or, esp. Brit., med′sən),USA pronunciation n., v., -cined, -cin•ing.
- any substance or substances used in treating disease or illness;
- the art or science of restoring or preserving health or due physical condition, as by means of drugs, surgical operations or appliances, or manipulations: often divided into medicine proper, surgery, and obstetrics.
- the art or science of treating disease with drugs or curative substances, as distinguished from surgery and obstetrics.
- the medical profession.
- (among North American Indians) any object or practice regarded as having magical powers.
- give someone a dose or taste of his or her own medicine, to repay or punish a person for an injury by use of the offender's own methods.
- take one's medicine, to undergo or accept punishment, esp. deserved punishment: He took his medicine like a man.
- to administer medicine to.
Toto (to̅o̅; unstressed tŏŏ, tə),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used for expressing motion or direction toward a point, person, place, or thing approached and reached, as opposed to from): They came to the house.
- (used for expressing direction or motion or direction toward something) in the direction of;
toward: from north to south.
- (used for expressing limit of movement or extension): He grew to six feet.
- (used for expressing contact or contiguity) on;
upon: a right uppercut to the jaw; Apply varnish to the surface.
- (used for expressing a point of limit in time) before;
until: to this day; It is ten minutes to six. We work from nine to five.
- (used for expressing aim, purpose, or intention): going to the rescue.
- (used for expressing destination or appointed end): sentenced to jail.
- (used for expressing agency, result, or consequence): to my dismay; The flowers opened to the sun.
- (used for expressing a resulting state or condition): He tore it to pieces.
- (used for expressing the object of inclination or desire): They drank to her health.
- (used for expressing the object of a right or claim): claimants to an estate.
- (used for expressing limit in degree, condition, or amount): wet to the skin; goods amounting to $1000; Tomorrow's high will be 75 to 80°.
- (used for expressing addition or accompaniment) with: He added insult to injury. They danced to the music. Where is the top to this box?
- (used for expressing attachment or adherence): She held to her opinion.
- (used for expressing comparison or opposition): inferior to last year's crop; The score is eight to seven.
- (used for expressing agreement or accordance) according to;
by: a position to one's liking; to the best of my knowledge.
- (used for expressing reference, reaction, or relation): What will he say to this?
- (used for expressing a relative position): parallel to the roof.
- (used for expressing a proportion of number or quantity) in;
making up: 12 to the dozen; 20 miles to the gallon.
- (used for indicating the indirect object of a verb, for connecting a verb with its complement, or for indicating or limiting the application of an adjective, noun, or pronoun): Give it to me. I refer to your work.
- (used as the ordinary sign or accompaniment of the infinitive, as in expressing motion, direction, or purpose, in ordinary uses with a substantive object.)
- raised to the power indicated: Three to the fourth is 81( 34 = 81).
- toward a point, person, place, or thing, implied or understood.
- toward a contact point or closed position: Pull the door to.
- toward a matter, action, or work: We turned to with a will.
- into a state of consciousness;
out of unconsciousness: after he came to.
- to and fro. See fro (def. 2).
Stopstop (stop),USA pronunciation v., stopped or (Archaic) stopt;
- to cease from, leave off, or discontinue: to stop running.
- to cause to cease;
put an end to: to stop noise in the street.
- to interrupt, arrest, or check (a course, proceeding, process, etc.): Stop your work just a minute.
- to cut off, intercept, or withhold: to stop supplies.
- to restrain, hinder, or prevent (usually fol. by from): I couldn't stop him from going.
- to prevent from proceeding, acting, operating, continuing, etc.: to stop a speaker; to stop a car.
- to block, obstruct, or close (a passageway, channel, opening, duct, etc.) (usually fol. by up): He stopped up the sink with a paper towel. He stopped the hole in the tire with a patch.
- to fill the hole or holes in (a wall, a decayed tooth, etc.).
- to close (a container, tube, etc.) with a cork, plug, bung, or the like.
- to close the external orifice of (the ears, nose, mouth, etc.).
- to check (a stroke, blow, etc.);
- to defeat (an opposing player or team): The Browns stopped the Colts.
- [Boxing.]to defeat by a knockout or technical knockout: Louis stopped Conn in the 13th round.
- [Banking.]to notify a bank to refuse payment of (a check) upon presentation.
- [Bridge.]to have an honor card and a sufficient number of protecting cards to keep an opponent from continuing to win in (a suit).
- to close (a fingerhole) in order to produce a particular note from a wind instrument.
- to press down (a string of a violin, viola, etc.) in order to alter the pitch of the tone produced from it.
- to produce (a particular note) by so doing.
- to come to a stand, as in a course or journey;
- to cease moving, proceeding, speaking, acting, operating, etc.;
- to cease;
come to an end.
- to halt for a brief visit (often fol. by at, in, or by): He is stopping at the best hotel in town.
- stop by, to make a brief visit on one's way elsewhere: I'll stop by on my way home.
- stop down, (on a camera) to reduce (the diaphragm opening of a lens).
- stop in, to make a brief, incidental visit: If you're in town, be sure to stop in.
- stop off, to halt for a brief stay at some point on the way elsewhere: On the way to Rome we stopped off at Florence.
- stop out:
- to mask (certain areas of an etching plate, photographic negative, etc.) with varnish, paper, or the like, to prevent their being etched, printed, etc.
- to withdraw temporarily from school: Most of the students who stop out eventually return to get their degrees.
- stop over, to stop briefly in the course of a journey: Many motorists were forced to stop over in that town because of floods.
- the act of stopping.
- a cessation or arrest of movement, action, operation, etc.;
end: The noise came to a stop. Put a stop to that behavior!
- a stay or sojourn made at a place, as in the course of a journey: Above all, he enjoyed his stop in Trieste.
- a place where trains or other vehicles halt to take on and discharge passengers: Is this a bus stop?
- a closing or filling up, as of a hole.
- a blocking or obstructing, as of a passage or channel.
- a plug or other stopper for an opening.
- an obstacle, impediment, or hindrance.
- any piece or device that serves to check or control movement or action in a mechanism.
- a feature terminating a molding or chamfer.
- an order to refuse payment of a check.
- See stop order.
- the act of closing a fingerhole or pressing a string of an instrument in order to produce a particular note.
- a device or contrivance, as on an instrument, for accomplishing this.
- (in an organ) a graduated set of pipes of the same kind and giving tones of the same quality.
- Also called stop knob. a knob or handle that is drawn out or pushed back to permit or prevent the sounding of such a set of pipes or to control some other part of the organ.
- (in a reed organ) a group of reeds functioning like a pipe-organ stop.
- an individual defensive play or act that prevents an opponent or opposing team from scoring, advancing, or gaining an advantage, as a catch in baseball, a tackle in football, or the deflection of a shot in hockey.
- a piece of small line used to lash or fasten something, as a furled sail.
- an articulation that interrupts the flow of air from the lungs.
- a consonant sound characterized by stop articulation, as p, b, t, d, k, and g. Cf. continuant.
- the diaphragm opening of a lens, esp. as indicated by an f- number.
- See stop bead.
- doorstop (def. 2).
- any of various marks used as punctuation at the end of a sentence, esp. a period.
- the word "stop'' printed in the body of a telegram or cablegram to indicate a period.
- stops, (used with a sing. v.) a family of card games whose object is to play all of one's cards in a predetermined sequence before one's opponents.
- a depression in the face of certain animals, esp. dogs, marking the division between the forehead and the projecting part of the muzzle. See diag. under dog.
- pull out all the stops:
- to use every means available.
- to express, do, or carry out something without reservation.
Bloodblood (blud),USA pronunciation n.
- the fluid that circulates in the principal vascular system of human beings and other vertebrates, in humans consisting of plasma in which the red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets are suspended.
- the vital principle;
life: The excitement had got into the very blood of the nation.
- a person or group regarded as a source of energy, vitality, or vigor: It's time we got some new blood in this company.
- one of the four elemental bodily humors of medieval physiology, regarded as causing cheerfulness.
murder: to avenge the blood of his father.
- the juice or sap of plants: the blood of the grape.
state of mind: a person of hot blood.
- physical nature of human beings: the frailty of our blood.
- [Chiefly Brit.]a high-spirited dandy;
an adventuresome youth: the young bloods of Cambridge.
- a profligate or rake.
- physical and cultural extraction: It was a trait that seemed to be in their blood.
- royal extraction: a prince of the blood.
- descent from a common ancestor;
lineage: related by blood.
- recorded and respected ancestry;
- [Slang.]a black person, esp. a man.
- get or have one's blood up, to become or be enraged or impassioned: Injustice of any sort always gets my blood up.
- have someone's blood on one's head or hands, to be to blame for someone's affliction or death: Though a criminal, he had no blood on his hands.
- in cold blood, deliberately;
ruthlessly: The dictator, in cold blood, ordered the execution of all his political enemies.
- make one's blood boil, to inspire resentment, anger, or indignation: Such carelessness makes my blood boil.
- make one's blood run cold, to fill with terror;
frighten: The dark, deserted street in that unfamiliar neighborhood made her blood run cold.
- sweat blood. See sweat (def. 24).
- taste blood, to experience a new sensation, usually a violent or destructive one, and acquire an appetite for it: Once the team had tasted blood, there was no preventing them from winning by a wide margin.
- [Hunting.]to give (hounds) a first sight or taste of blood. Cf. flesh (def. 17).
- to stain with blood.
Inin (in),USA pronunciation prep., adv., adj., n., v., inned, in•ning.
- (used to indicate inclusion within space, a place, or limits): walking in the park.
- (used to indicate inclusion within something abstract or immaterial): in politics; in the autumn.
- (used to indicate inclusion within or occurrence during a period or limit of time): in ancient times; a task done in ten minutes.
- (used to indicate limitation or qualification, as of situation, condition, relation, manner, action, etc.): to speak in a whisper; to be similar in appearance.
- (used to indicate means): sketched in ink; spoken in French.
- (used to indicate motion or direction from outside to a point within) into: Let's go in the house.
- (used to indicate transition from one state to another): to break in half.
- (used to indicate object or purpose): speaking in honor of the event.
- in that, because;
inasmuch as: In that you won't have time for supper, let me give you something now.
- in or into some place, position, state, relation, etc.: Please come in.
- on the inside;
- in one's house or office.
- in office or power.
- in possession or occupancy.
- having the turn to play, as in a game.
- [Baseball.](of an infielder or outfielder) in a position closer to home plate than usual;
short: The third baseman played in, expecting a bunt.
- on good terms;
in favor: He's in with his boss, but he doubts it will last.
- in vogue;
in style: He says straw hats will be in this year.
- in season: Watermelons will soon be in.
- be in for, to be bound to undergo something, esp. a disagreeable experience: We are in for a long speech.
- in for it, [Slang.]about to suffer chastisement or unpleasant consequences, esp. of one's own actions or omissions: I forgot our anniversary again, and I'll be in for it now.Also,[Brit.,] for it.
- in with, on friendly terms with;
familiar or associating with: They are in with all the important people.
- located or situated within;
internal: the in part of a mechanism.
- in favor with advanced or sophisticated people;
stylish: the in place to dine; Her new novel is the in book to read this summer.
- comprehensible only to a special or ultrasophisticated group: an in joke.
included in a favored group.
inbound: an in train.
- being in power, authority, control, etc.: a member of the in party.
- playing the last nine holes of an eighteen-hole golf course (opposed to out): His in score on the second round was 34.
- Usually, ins. persons in office or political power (distinguished from outs).
- a member of the political party in power: The election made him an in.
- pull or influence;
a social advantage or connection: He's got an in with the senator.
- (in tennis, squash, handball, etc.) a return or service that lands within the in-bounds limits of a court or section of a court (opposed to out).
v.t. Brit. [Dial.]
- to enclose.
Stoolstool (sto̅o̅l),USA pronunciation n.
- a single seat on legs or a pedestal and without arms or a back.
- a short, low support on which to stand, step, kneel, or rest the feet while sitting.
- [Hort.]the stump, base, or root of a plant from which propagative organs are produced, as shoots for layering.
- the base of a plant that annually produces new stems or shoots.
- a cluster of shoots or stems springing up from such a base or from any root, or a single shoot or layer.
- a bird fastened to a pole or perch and used as a decoy.
- an artificial duck or other bird, usually made from wood, used as a decoy by hunters.
- a privy.
- the fecal matter evacuated at each movement of the bowels.
- the sill of a window. See diag. under double-hung.
- a bishop's seat considered as symbolic of his authority;
- the sacred chair of certain African chiefs, symbolic of their kingship.
- fall between two stools, to fail, through hesitation or indecision, to select either of two alternatives.
- to put forth shoots from the base or root, as a plant;
form a stool.
- to turn informer;
serve as a stool pigeon.
Homehome (hōm),USA pronunciation n., adj., adv., v., homed, hom•ing.
- a house, apartment, or other shelter that is the usual residence of a person, family, or household.
- the place in which one's domestic affections are centered.
- an institution for the homeless, sick, etc.: a nursing home.
- the dwelling place or retreat of an animal.
- the place or region where something is native or most common.
- any place of residence or refuge: a heavenly home.
- a person's native place or own country.
- (in games) the destination or goal.
- a principal base of operations or activities: The new stadium will be the home of the local football team.
- [Baseball.]See home plate.
- [Lacrosse.]one of three attack positions nearest the opposing goal.
- at home:
- in one's own house or place of residence.
- in one's own town or country.
- prepared or willing to receive social visits: Tell him I'm not at home. We are always at home to her.
- in a situation familiar to one;
at ease: She has a way of making everyone feel at home.
proficient: to be at home in the classics.
- played in one's hometown or on one's own grounds: The Yankees played two games at home and one away.
- of, pertaining to, or connected with one's home or country;
domestic: home products.
- principal or main: the corporation's home office.
- reaching the mark aimed at: a home thrust.
- played in a ball park, arena, or the like, that is or is assumed to be the center of operations of a team: The pitcher didn't lose a single home game all season.Cf. away (def. 14).
- to, toward, or at home: to go home.
to the heart: The truth of the accusation struck home.
- to the mark or point aimed at: He drove the point home.
- into the position desired;
perfectly or to the greatest possible extent: sails sheeted home.
- in the proper, stowed position: The anchor is home.
- toward its vessel: to bring the anchor home.
- bring home to, to make evident to;
clarify or emphasize for: The irrevocability of her decision was brought home to her.
- home and dry, having safely achieved one's goal.
- home free:
- assured of finishing, accomplishing, succeeding, etc.: If we can finish more than half the work today, we'll be home free.
- certain to be successfully finished, accomplished, secured, etc.: With most of the voters supporting it, the new law is home free.
- write home about, to comment especially on;
remark on: The town was nothing to write home about. His cooking is really something to write home about.
- to go or return home.
- (of guided missiles, aircraft, etc.) to proceed, esp. under control of an automatic aiming mechanism, toward a specified target, as a plane, missile, or location (often fol. by in on): The missile homed in on the target.
- to navigate toward a point by means of coordinates other than those given by altitudes.
- to have a home where specified;
- to bring or send home.
- to provide with a home.
- to direct, esp. under control of an automatic aiming device, toward an airport, target, etc.
Remediesrem•e•dy (rem′i dē),USA pronunciation n., pl. -dies, v., -died, -dy•ing.
- something that cures or relieves a disease or bodily disorder;
a healing medicine, application, or treatment.
- something that corrects or removes an evil of any kind.
- legal redress;
the legal means of enforcing a right or redressing a wrong.
- [Coinage.]a certain allowance at the mint for deviation from the standard weight and fineness of coins;
- to cure, relieve, or heal.
- to restore to the natural or proper condition;
put right: to remedy a matter.
- to counteract or remove: to remedy an evil.
Forfor (fôr; unstressed fər),USA pronunciation prep.
- with the object or purpose of: to run for exercise.
- intended to belong to, or be used in connection with: equipment for the army; a closet for dishes.
- suiting the purposes or needs of: medicine for the aged.
- in order to obtain, gain, or acquire: a suit for alimony; to work for wages.
- (used to express a wish, as of something to be experienced or obtained): O, for a cold drink!
- sensitive or responsive to: an eye for beauty.
- desirous of: a longing for something; a taste for fancy clothes.
- in consideration or payment of;
in return for: three for a dollar; to be thanked for one's efforts.
- appropriate or adapted to: a subject for speculation; clothes for winter.
- with regard or respect to: pressed for time; too warm for April.
- during the continuance of: for a long time.
- in favor of;
on the side of: to be for honest government.
- in place of;
instead of: a substitute for butter.
- in the interest of;
on behalf of: to act for a client.
- in exchange for;
as an offset to: blow for blow; money for goods.
- in punishment of: payment for the crime.
- in honor of: to give a dinner for a person.
- with the purpose of reaching: to start for London.
- contributive to: for the advantage of everybody.
- in order to save: to flee for one's life.
- in order to become: to train recruits for soldiers.
- in assignment or attribution to: an appointment for the afternoon; That's for you to decide.
- such as to allow of or to require: too many for separate mention.
- such as results in: his reason for going.
- as affecting the interests or circumstances of: bad for one's health.
- in proportion or with reference to: He is tall for his age.
- in the character of;
as being: to know a thing for a fact.
- by reason of;
because of: to shout for joy; a city famed for its beauty.
- in spite of: He's a decent guy for all that.
- to the extent or amount of: to walk for a mile.
- (used to introduce a subject in an infinitive phrase): It's time for me to go.
- (used to indicate the number of successes out of a specified number of attempts): The batter was 2 for 4 in the game.
- for it, See in (def. 21).
- seeing that;
Diarrheadi•ar•rhe•a (dī′ə rē′ə),USA pronunciation n. [Pathol.]
- an intestinal disorder characterized by abnormal frequency and fluidity of fecal evacuations.
Hi there, this post is about Medicine To Stop Blood In Stool #4 Home Remedies For Diarrhea. It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 960 x 1440. It's file size is just 217 KB. If You decided to download This picture to Your computer, you have to Click here. You also also see more photos by clicking the image below or read more at this article: Medicine To Stop Blood In Stool.
These days, with all the use of showcases getting more and more common, decorating suggestions are increasingly crucial. Experience and the more mirrors on the wall, the better the design of the toilet that gives picture of the bedroom that is little to a bigger.
Many love a common animation people to show on their toilet walls. The use of the right light shades and shades can also be in building the best decoration, essential. Ultimately, the mixture of light colors and the correct bathroom ceiling lamps produce a fantastic point to consider is walled by the restroom. No real matter what your innovative, the lavatory wall can not adjust the space form. Nevertheless, you are able to train all your imagination to create some living and coloring while in the shower expertise.
The thought of designing a Medicine To Stop Blood In Stool #4 Home Remedies For Diarrhea can be altered often so that the bathroom happens to be an area that was better. You'll be able to boost your bathtub experience together with the wall design that is proper. The use of wall hangings shunned in the bathroom since the utilization of water and water from hot water can hurt this wall decoration. The kidsis bathrooms also have wall decorations that are independent.