Distancedis•tance (dis′təns),USA pronunciation n., v., -tanced, -tanc•ing.
- the extent or amount of space between two things, points, lines, etc.
- the state or fact of being apart in space, as of one thing from another;
- a linear extent of space: Seven miles is a distance too great to walk in an hour.
- an expanse;
area: A vast distance of water surrounded the ship.
- the interval between two points of time;
an extent of time: His vacation period was a good distance away.
- remoteness or difference in any respect: Our philosophies are a long distance apart.
- an amount of progress: We've come a long distance on the project.
- a distant point, place, or region.
- the distant part of a field of view: a tree in the distance.
- absence of warmth;
reserve: Their first meeting in several years was hampered by a certain distance between them.
- interval (def. 6).
- See aesthetic distance.
- [Horse Racing.](in a heat race) the space measured back from the winning post that a horse must reach by the time the winner passes the winning post or be eliminated from subsequent heats.
- the greatest lower bound of differences between points, one from each of two given sets.
- [Obs.]disagreement or dissension;
- go the distance:
- (in horse racing) to be able to run well in a long race.
- [Informal.]to finish or complete something, esp. something difficult, challenging, or requiring sustained effort.
- keep at a distance, to treat coldly or in an unfriendly manner.
- keep one's distance, to avoid becoming familiar or involved;
remain cool or aloof.
- to leave behind at a distance, as at a race;
- to place at a distance.
- to cause to appear distant.
Betweenbe•tween (bi twēn′),USA pronunciation prep.
- in the space separating (two points, objects, etc.): between New York and Chicago.
- intermediate to, in time, quantity, or degree: between twelve and one o'clock; between 50 and 60 apples; between pink and red.
connecting: air service between cities.
- in portions for each of (two people): splitting the profits between them.
- among: sharing the responsibilities between the five of us.
- by the dual or common action or participation of: Between us, we can finish the job in a couple of hours.
- distinguishing one from the other: He couldn't see the difference between good and bad.
- in comparing: no preference between the two wines.
- by the combined effect of.
- existing confidentially for: We'll keep this matter between the two of us.
concerning: war between nations; choice between things.
- being felt jointly or reciprocated by: the love between them.
- by joint possession of: Between them they own most of this company.
- in the midst of, so as to make a symmetrical composition: a cross argent between four bezants.
- between ourselves, confidentially;
in trust. Also, between you and me, between you, me, and the post (lamppost, gatepost, etc.).
- Usually, betweens. a short needle with a rounded eye and a sharp point, used for fine hand stitchery in heavy fabric.
- in the intervening space or time;
in an intermediate position or relation: two windows with a door between; visits that were far between.
- in between:
- situated in an intermediary area or on a line or imaginary line connecting two points, things, etc.
- in the way: I reached for the ball, but the dog got in between.
Floorfloor (flôr, flōr),USA pronunciation n.
- that part of a room, hallway, or the like, that forms its lower enclosing surface and upon which one walks.
- a continuous, supporting surface extending horizontally throughout a building, having a number of rooms, apartments, or the like, and constituting one level or stage in the structure;
- a level, supporting surface in any structure: the elevator floor.
- one of two or more layers of material composing a floor: rough floor; finish floor.
- a platform or prepared level area for a particular use: a threshing floor.
- the bottom of any more or less hollow place: the floor of a tunnel.
- a more or less flat extent of surface: the floor of the ocean.
- the part of a legislative chamber, meeting room, etc., where the members sit, and from which they speak.
- the right of one member to speak from such a place in preference to other members: The senator from Alaska has the floor.
- the area of a floor, as in a factory or retail store, where items are actually made or sold, as opposed to offices, supply areas, etc.: There are only two salesclerks on the floor.
- the main part of a stock or commodity exchange or the like, as distinguished from the galleries, platform, etc.
- the bottom, base, or minimum charged, demanded, or paid: The government avoided establishing a price or wage floor.
- an underlying stratum, as of ore, usually flat.
- the bottom of a hull.
- any of a number of deep, transverse framing members at the bottom of a steel or iron hull, generally interrupted by and joined to any vertical keel or keelsons.
- the lowermost member of a frame in a wooden vessel.
- mop or wipe the floor with, [Informal.]to overwhelm completely;
defeat: He expected to mop the floor with his opponents.
- take the floor, to arise to address a meeting.
- to cover or furnish with a floor.
- to bring down to the floor or ground;
knock down: He floored his opponent with one blow.
- to overwhelm;
- to confound or puzzle;
nonplus: I was floored by the problem.
- Also, floorboard. to push (a foot-operated accelerator pedal) all the way down to the floor of a vehicle, for maximum speed or power.
Joistsjoist ( joist),USA pronunciation n.
- any of a number of small, parallel beams of timber, steel, reinforced concrete, etc., for supporting floors, ceilings, or the like.
- to furnish with or fix on joists.
OhioO•hi•o (ō hī′ō),USA pronunciation n.
O•hi′o•an, adj., n.
- a state in the NE central United States: a part of the Midwest. 10,797,419;
41,222 sq. mi. (106,765 sq. km). Cap.: Columbus. Abbr.: OH (for use with zip code), O.
- a river formed by the confluence of the Allegheny and Monongahela rivers, flowing SW from Pittsburgh, Pa., to the Mississippi in S Illinois. 981 mi. (1580 km) long.
Codecode (kōd),USA pronunciation n., v., cod•ed, cod•ing.
- a system for communication by telegraph, heliograph, etc., in which long and short sounds, light flashes, etc., are used to symbolize the content of a message: Morse code.
- a system used for brevity or secrecy of communication, in which arbitrarily chosen words, letters, or symbols are assigned definite meanings.
- any set of standards set forth and enforced by a local government agency for the protection of public safety, health, etc., as in the structural safety of buildings (building code), health requirements for plumbing, ventilation, etc.(sanitary or health code), and the specifications for fire escapes or exits (fire code).
- a systematically arranged collection or compendium of laws, rules, or regulations.
- any authoritative, general, systematic, and written statement of the legal rules and principles applicable in a given legal order to one or more broad areas of life.
- a word, letter, number, or other symbol used in a code system to mark, represent, or identify something: The code on the label shows the date of manufacture.
- the symbolic arrangement of statements or instructions in a computer program in which letters, digits, etc. are represented as binary numbers;
the set of instructions in such a program: That program took 3000 lines of code.Cf. ASCII, object code, source code.
- any system or collection of rules and regulations: a gentleman's code of behavior.
- a directive or alert to a hospital team assigned to emergency resuscitation of patients.
- See genetic code.
- the system of rules shared by the participants in an act of communication, making possible the transmission and interpretation of messages.
- (in sociolinguistic theory) one of two distinct styles of language use that differ in degree of explicitness and are sometimes thought to be correlated with differences in social class. Cf. elaborated code, restricted code.
- to translate (a message) into a code;
- to arrange or enter (laws or statutes) in a code.
- to translate (a program) into language that can be communicated to the computer.
- to specify the amino acid sequence of a protein by the sequence of nucleotides comprising the gene for that protein: a gene that codes for the production of insulin.
Hi guys, this photo is about Ordinary Distance Between Floor Joists #3 Ohio Revised Code. This picture is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this attachment is 744 x 593. It's file size is just 60 KB. If You desired to save This photo to Your PC, you can Click here. You may too see more photos by clicking the photo below or see more at this post: Distance Between Floor Joists.
You're not the only people who can buy Ordinary Distance Between Floor Joists #3 Ohio Revised Code. Every home owner looking for furniture due to their homes. This is the explanation you will find lots of selections in stores. It's very important to one to be sure all-the products you choose in accordance with your budget as well as your home. Classic furniture can cost hardly cheap.
Consequently, you shouldn't disregard of utilising the furniture, the possibility. Commercials in backyard income together with regional papers and cd shops typically can have some furnishings that are great. You can have the furniture if required, reupholstered. By following these ideas you are able to save a lot of cash.
Search for Ordinary Distance Between Floor Joists #3 Ohio Revised Code that's not durable nontraditional in the event you place them outdoors. Check fittings and the weak welds. If you discover a weld that appears not actually potentially accented, neglect them-and discover furniture that's strong. Each outside furniture you select ought to not be unable to withstand nature's elements to be revealed for quite some time.
Possibly this has been a while because you've visited with a thrift store, or possibly you and one 've never visited with? You'll really eliminate, if so. Sometimes you'll be able to report some couch is great enough, although often they have home furnishings items that are cheaper than home fixtures.
Make sure you obtain in the shop in case you decide to purchase a Distance Between Floor Joists. Most people do not want to verify the goods before things are bought by them. Tough to displace the furniture in some furniture stores. Bring examples of hues when you look for classical and classic furnishings.
It may appear differently when within your home and when compared with examples, although some may appear great in the store. It's simple to find swatches at your home improvement retailer, or simply just take an image of the sample for evaluation items, to avoid this from occurring.