Cattailcat•tail (kat′tāl′),USA pronunciation n.
- any tall, reedlike marsh plant of the genus Typha, esp. T. latifolia, having long, sword-shaped leaves and dense, cylindrical clusters of minute brown flowers. Also called bulrush, reed mace.
Birdbird (bûrd),USA pronunciation n.
- any warm-blooded vertebrate of the class Aves, having a body covered with feathers, forelimbs modified into wings, scaly legs, a beak, and no teeth, and bearing young in a hard-shelled egg.
- a fowl or game bird.
- See clay pigeon.
- a shuttlecock.
- a person, esp. one having some peculiarity: He's a queer bird.
- [Informal.]an aircraft, spacecraft, or guided missile.
- [Cookery.]a thin piece of meat, poultry, or fish rolled around a stuffing and braised: veal birds.
- [Southern U.S.](in hunting) a bobwhite.
- [Chiefly Brit. Slang.]a girl or young woman.
- [Archaic.]the young of any fowl.
- a little bird, a secret source of information: A little bird told me that today is your birthday.
- bird in the hand, a thing possessed in fact as opposed to a thing about which one speculates: A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.Also, bird in hand.
- birds of a feather, people with interests, opinions, or backgrounds in common: Birds of a feather flock together.
- eat like a bird, to eat sparingly: She couldn't understand why she failed to lose weight when she was, as she said, eating like a bird.
- for the birds, useless or worthless;
not to be taken seriously: Their opinions on art are for the birds. That pep rally is for the birds.
- kill two birds with one stone, to achieve two aims with a single effort: She killed two birds with one stone by shopping and visiting the museum on the same trip.
- the bird:
- disapproval, as of a performance, by hissing, booing, etc.: He got the bird when he came out on stage.
- scoffing or ridicule: He was trying to be serious, but we all gave him the bird.
- an obscene gesture of contempt made by raising the middle finger.
- the birds and the bees, basic information about sex and reproduction: It was time to talk to the boy about the birds and the bees.
- to catch or shoot birds.
- to bird-watch.
Feederfeed•er (fē′dər),USA pronunciation n.
- a person or thing that supplies food or feeds something.
- a bin or boxlike device from which farm animals may eat, esp. such a device designed to allow a number of chickens to feed simultaneously or to release a specific amount of feed at regular intervals.
- a person or thing that takes food or nourishment.
- a livestock animal that is fed an enriched diet to fatten it for market. Cf. stocker (def. 2).
- a person or device that feeds a machine, printing press, etc.
- a tributary stream.
- bird feeder.
- See feeder line.
- See feeder road.
- Also, feed. a conductor, or group of conductors, connecting primary equipment in an electric power system.
- [Brit.]a baby's bib.
- [Theat. Slang.]See straight man.
- being, functioning as, or serving as a feeder.
- pertaining to livestock to be fattened for market.
Picturespic•ture (pik′chər),USA pronunciation n., v., -tured, -tur•ing.
- a visual representation of a person, object, or scene, as a painting, drawing, photograph, etc.: I carry a picture of my grandchild in my wallet.
- any visible image, however produced: pictures reflected in a pool of water.
- a mental image: a clear picture of how he had looked that day.
- a particular image or reality as portrayed in an account or description;
- a tableau, as in theatrical representation.
- See motion picture.
- pictures, Informal (older use). movies.
- a person, thing, group, or scene regarded as resembling a work of pictorial art in beauty, fineness of appearance, etc.: She was a picture in her new blue dress.
- the image or perfect likeness of someone else: He is the picture of his father.
- a visible or concrete embodiment of some quality or condition: the picture of health.
- a situation or set of circumstances: the economic picture.
- the image on a computer monitor, the viewing screen of a television set, or a motion-picture screen.
- to represent in a picture or pictorially, as by painting or drawing.
- to form a mental picture of;
imagine: He couldn't picture himself doing such a thing.
- to depict in words;
describe graphically: He pictured Rome so vividly that you half-believed you were there.
- to present or create as a setting;
portray: His book pictured the world of the future.
Gallerygal•ler•y (gal′ə rē, gal′rē),USA pronunciation n., pl. -ler•ies.
- a raised area, often having a stepped or sloping floor, in a theater, church, or other public building to accommodate spectators, exhibits, etc.
- the uppermost of such areas in a theater, usually containing the cheapest seats.
- the occupants of such an area in a theater.
- the general public, esp. when regarded as having popular or uncultivated tastes.
- any group of spectators or observers, as at a golf match, a Congressional session, etc.
- a room, series of rooms, or building devoted to the exhibition and often the sale of works of art.
- a long covered area, narrow and open at one or both sides, used esp. as a walk or corridor.
- [Chiefly South Atlantic States.]a long porch or portico;
- a long, relatively narrow room, esp. one for public use.
- a corridor, esp. one having architectural importance through its scale or decorative treatment.
- a raised, balconylike platform or passageway running along the exterior wall of a building inside or outside.
- a large room or building used for photography, target practice, or other special purposes: a shooting gallery.
- a collection of art for exhibition.
- [Theat.]a narrow, raised platform located beyond the acting area, used by stagehands or technicians to stand on when working.
- a projecting balcony or structure on the quarter or stern of a vessel.
- an ornamental railing or cresting surrounding the top of a table, stand, desk, etc.
- a level or drift.
- a small tunnel in a dam, mine, or rock, for various purposes, as inspection or drainage.
- a passageway made by an animal.
- [Fort. Obs.]an underground or covered passage to another part of a fortified position.
- play to the gallery, to attempt to appeal to the popular taste, as opposed to a more refined or esoteric taste: Movies, though still playing mainly to the gallery, have taken their place as a significant art form.
Fosterfos•ter (fô′stər, fos′tər),USA pronunciation v.t.
- to promote the growth or development of;
encourage: to foster new ideas.
- to bring up, raise, or rear, as a foster child.
- to care for or cherish.
- [Brit.]to place (a child) in a foster home.
- [Obs.]to feed or nourish.
Andand (and; unstressed ənd, ən, or, esp. after a homorganic consonant, n),USA pronunciation conj.
- (used to connect grammatically coordinate words, phrases, or clauses) along or together with;
as well as;
in addition to;
moreover: pens and pencils.
- added to;
plus: 2 and 2 are 4.
- then: He read for an hour and went to bed.
- also, at the same time: to sleep and dream.
- then again;
repeatedly: He coughed and coughed.
- (used to imply different qualities in things having the same name): There are bargains and bargains, so watch out.
- (used to introduce a sentence, implying continuation) also;
then: And then it happened.
- [Informal.]to (used between two finite verbs): Try and do it. Call and see if she's home yet.
- (used to introduce a consequence or conditional result): He felt sick and decided to lie down for a while. Say one more word about it and I'll scream.
on the contrary: He tried to run five miles and couldn't. They said they were about to leave and then stayed for two more hours.
- (used to connect alternatives): He felt that he was being forced to choose between his career and his family.
- (used to introduce a comment on the preceding clause): They don't like each other--and with good reason.
- [Archaic.]if: and you please.Cf. an2.
- and so forth, and the like;
et cetera: We discussed traveling, sightseeing, and so forth.
- and so on, and more things or others of a similar kind;
and the like: It was a summer filled with parties, picnics, and so on.
- an added condition, stipulation, detail, or particular: He accepted the job, no ands or buts about it.
- conjunction (def. 5b).
Howdy , this attachment is about Marvelous Cattail Bird Feeder Pictures Gallery #7 Drs. Foster And Smith. It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this photo is 910 x 910. It's file size is just 113 KB. If You want to save It to Your computer, you might Click here. You could also see more photos by clicking the following photo or read more at this article: Cattail Bird Feeder.
The Marvelous Cattail Bird Feeder Pictures Gallery #7 Drs. Foster And Smith is not segregated from your property ang yard design that was wonderful. Beyond casting place you realize enhance the yard! Garden design also includes decor a room in the playground to get a number of function's middle, of the cottage yard. We see the patterns. Possess a cottage inside the backyard could be wonderful.
For motivation homemade exclusive backyard is visible inside the chair's former yard design. Increase the log cabin or possibly a home, usually takes devote the nation's topic. Preserving different parts of taste and candor and character, a record hotel must offer solace and serenity. Most lodges wood positioned in the hamlet or area countries.
Several things can be achieved there, using your family, while enjoying the morning air and natural areas, to only unwind having a stroll around the lodge we could do, having a bust. The Cattail Bird Feeder can be created using timber or stone. It may be designed on top of the shrub or on a lawn. Generally, the cottage yard features a small size.