Kitchenkitch•en (kich′ən),USA pronunciation n.
- a room or place equipped for cooking.
- culinary department;
cuisine: This restaurant has a fine Italian kitchen.
- the staff or equipment of a kitchen.
- of, pertaining to, or designed for use in a kitchen: kitchen window; kitchen curtains.
- employed in or assigned to a kitchen: kitchen help.
- of or resembling a pidginized language, esp. one used for communication between employers and servants or other employees who do not speak the same language.
Planterplant•er (plan′tər, plän′-),USA pronunciation n.
- a person who plants.
- an implement or machine for planting seeds in the ground.
- the owner or manager of a plantation.
- [Hist.]a colonist or new settler.
- a decorative container, of a variety of sizes and shapes, for growing flowers or ornamental plants.
Gallerygal•ler•y (gal′ə rē, gal′rē),USA pronunciation n., pl. -ler•ies.
- a raised area, often having a stepped or sloping floor, in a theater, church, or other public building to accommodate spectators, exhibits, etc.
- the uppermost of such areas in a theater, usually containing the cheapest seats.
- the occupants of such an area in a theater.
- the general public, esp. when regarded as having popular or uncultivated tastes.
- any group of spectators or observers, as at a golf match, a Congressional session, etc.
- a room, series of rooms, or building devoted to the exhibition and often the sale of works of art.
- a long covered area, narrow and open at one or both sides, used esp. as a walk or corridor.
- [Chiefly South Atlantic States.]a long porch or portico;
- a long, relatively narrow room, esp. one for public use.
- a corridor, esp. one having architectural importance through its scale or decorative treatment.
- a raised, balconylike platform or passageway running along the exterior wall of a building inside or outside.
- a large room or building used for photography, target practice, or other special purposes: a shooting gallery.
- a collection of art for exhibition.
- [Theat.]a narrow, raised platform located beyond the acting area, used by stagehands or technicians to stand on when working.
- a projecting balcony or structure on the quarter or stern of a vessel.
- an ornamental railing or cresting surrounding the top of a table, stand, desk, etc.
- a level or drift.
- a small tunnel in a dam, mine, or rock, for various purposes, as inspection or drainage.
- a passageway made by an animal.
- [Fort. Obs.]an underground or covered passage to another part of a fortified position.
- play to the gallery, to attempt to appeal to the popular taste, as opposed to a more refined or esoteric taste: Movies, though still playing mainly to the gallery, have taken their place as a significant art form.
Hanghang (hang),USA pronunciation v., hung or (esp. for 4, 5, 20, 24) hanged;
- to fasten or attach (a thing) so that it is supported only from above or at a point near its own top;
- to attach or suspend so as to allow free movement: to hang a pendulum.
- to place in position or fasten so as to allow easy or ready movement.
- to put to death by suspending by the neck from a gallows, gibbet, yardarm, or the like.
- to suspend (oneself ) by the neck until dead: He hanged himself from a beam in the attic.
- to fasten to a cross;
- to furnish or decorate with something suspended: to hang a room with pictures.
- to fasten into position;
fix at a proper angle: to hang a scythe.
- to fasten or attach (wallpaper, pictures, etc.) to a wall: to hang pictures in a room.
- to suspend (something) in front of anything: to hang curtains on a window.
- to exhibit (a painting or group of paintings): The gallery hung his paintings in a small corner.
- to put the paintings of (an art exhibition) on the wall of a gallery: They hung the show that morning.
- to attach or annex as an addition: to hang a rider on a bill.
- to attach (a door or the like) to its frame by means of hinges.
- to make (an idea, form, etc.) dependent on a situation, structure, concept, or the like, usually derived from another source: He hung the meaning of his puns on the current political scene.
- (of a juror) to keep (a jury) from rendering a verdict by refusing to agree with the others.
- to cause (a nickname, epithet, etc.) to become associated with a person: Friends hung that nickname on him.
- to hit with (a fist, blow, punch, etc.): He hung a left on his opponent's jaw.
- [Baseball.]to throw (a pitch) so that it fails to break, as a curve.
- to steady (a boat) in one place against a wind or current by thrusting a pole or the like into the bottom under the boat and allowing the wind or current to push the boat side-on against the pole.
- (used in mild curses and emphatic expressions, often as a euphemism for damn): I'll be hanged if I do. Hang it all!
- to be suspended;
- to swing freely, as on a hinge.
- to incline downward, jut out, or lean over or forward: The tree hung over the edge of the lake.
- to be suspended by the neck, as from a gallows, and suffer death in this way.
- to be crucified.
- to be conditioned or contingent;
be dependent: His future hangs on the outcome of their discussion.
- to be doubtful or undecided;
waver or hesitate: He hung between staying and going.
- to remain unfinished or undecided;
be delayed: Let that matter hang until our next meeting.
- to linger, remain, or persist: He hung by her side, unwilling to leave.
- to float or hover in the air: Fog hung over the city.
- to be oppressive, burdensome, or tedious: guilt that hangs on one's conscience.
- to remain in attention or consideration (often fol. by on or upon): They hung on his every word.
- to fit or drape in graceful lines: That coat hangs well in back.
- to be exhibited: His works hang in most major museums.
- to have one's works on display: Rembrandt hangs in the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
- [Informal.]to hang out.
- hang a left (or right ),[Slang.]to make a left (or right) turn, as while driving an automobile: Hang a right at the next corner.
- hang around or about, [Informal.]
- to spend time in a certain place or in certain company: He hangs around with an older crowd.
- to linger about;
loiter: They had stopped working and were just hanging around to talk.
- hang back:
- to be reluctant to proceed or move forward: The older pupils went straight to the podium, but the younger ones hung back out of shyness.
- to refrain from taking action;
hesitate: A forward pass would have been the best call, but the quarterback hung back because his last pass had been intercepted.
- hang five, to ride a surfboard with the weight of the body forward and the toes of the forward foot curled over the front edge of the surfboard.
- hang in, [Slang.]to persevere: She has managed to hang in despite years of bad luck.Also, hang in there.
- hang in the balance, to be in a precarious state or condition: The wounded man's life hung in the balance.
- hang it up, [Informal.]to quit, resign, give up, etc.: The chief engineer is hanging it up after 40 years with the company.
- hang loose, [Slang.]to remain relaxed or calm: Try to hang loose and don't let it bother you.
- hang on:
- to hold fast;
- to continue with effort;
persevere: If you can hang on for a month longer, you will be eligible for the bonus.
- to be sustained to the point of danger, tedium, etc.: coughs that hang on for months.
- to keep a telephone line open: Hang on, I'll see if she's here.
- to wait briefly;
- hang one on, [Slang.]
- to hit: He hung one on the bully and knocked him down.
- to become extremely drunk: Every payday he hangs one on.
- hang one's head. See head (def. 44).
- hang out:
- to lean or be suspended through an opening.
- [Informal.]to frequent a particular place, esp. in idling away one's free time: to hang out in a bar.
- [Informal.]to loiter in public places: nothing to do on Saturday night but hang out.
- [Informal.]to consort or appear in public with: Who's she been hanging out with?
- [Slang.]to calm down: Hang out, Mom, I'm OK.
- to wait, esp. briefly: Hang out a minute while I get my backpack.
- to suspend in open view;
display: to hang out the flag.
- hang over:
- to remain to be settled;
be postponed: They will probably let the final decision hang over until next year.
- to be imminent or foreboding;
threaten: Economic ruin hangs over the town.
- hang ten, to ride a surfboard with the weight of the body as far forward as possible and the toes of both feet curled over the front edge of the surfboard.
- hang together:
- to be loyal to one another;
remain united: "We must indeed all hang together, or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately.''
- to cohere: This pancake batter doesn't hang together.
- to be logical or consistent: His version of the story does not hang together.
- hang tough, [Slang.]to remain unyielding, stubborn, or inflexible: He's hanging tough and won't change his mind.
- hang up:
- to suspend by placing on a hook, peg, or hanger.
- to cause or encounter delay;
suspend or slow the progress of: The accident hung up the traffic for several hours.
- to break a telephone connection by replacing the receiver on the hook: She received an anonymous call, but the party hung up when she threatened to call the police.
- to cause a hang-up or hang-ups in: The experience hung her up for years.
- let it all hang out, [Slang.]
- to be completely candid in expressing one's feelings, opinions, etc.: She's never been one to let it all hang out.
- to act or live without restraint or inhibitions.
- the way in which a thing hangs.
- the precise manner of doing, using, etc., something;
knack: to get the hang of a tool.
- meaning or thought: to get the hang of a subject.
- loss of way due to adverse wind or current.
- a rake, as of a mast.
- the least degree of care, concern, etc. (used in mild curses and emphatic expressions as a euphemism for damn): He doesn't give a hang about those things.
Onon (on, ôn),USA pronunciation prep.
- so as to be or remain supported by or suspended from: Put your package down on the table; Hang your coat on the hook.
- so as to be attached to or unified with: Hang the picture on the wall. Paste the label on the package.
- so as to be a covering or wrapping for: Put the blanket on the baby. Put aluminum foil on the lamb chops before freezing them.
- in connection, association, or cooperation with;
as a part or element of: to serve on a jury.
- so as to be a supporting part, base, backing, etc., of: a painting on canvas; mounted on cardboard; legs on a chair.
- (used to indicate place, location, situation, etc.): a scar on the face; the book on the table; a house on 19th Street.
- (used to indicate immediate proximity): a house on the lake; to border on absurdity.
- in the direction of: on the left; to sail on a southerly course.
- (used to indicate a means of conveyance or a means of supporting or supplying movement): on the wing; This car runs on electricity. Can you walk on your hands? I'll be there on the noon plane.
- by the agency or means of: drunk on wine; talking on the phone; I saw it on television.
- in addition to: millions on millions of stars.
- with respect or regard to (used to indicate the object of an action directed against or toward): Let's play a joke on him. Write a critical essay on Shakespeare.
- in a state or condition of;
in the process of: on strike; The house is on fire!
- subject to: a doctor on call.
- engaged in or involved with: He's on the second chapter now.
- (used to indicate a source or a person or thing that serves as a source or agent): a duty on imported goods; She depends on her friends for encouragement.
- (used to indicate a basis or ground): on my word of honor; The movie is based on the book.
- (used to indicate risk or liability): on pain of death.
- (used to indicate progress toward or completion of an objective): We completed the project on budget.
- assigned to or occupied with;
operating: Who's on the switchboard this afternoon?
- [Informal.]so as to disturb or affect adversely: My hair dryer broke on me.
- paid for by, esp. as a treat or gift: Dinner is on me.
- taking or using as a prescribed measure, cure, or the like: The doctor had her on a low-salt diet.
- regularly taking or addicted to: He was on drugs for two years.
carried by: I have no money on me.
- (used to indicate time or occasion): on Sunday; We demand cash on delivery.
- (used to indicate the object or end of motion): to march on the capital.
- (used to indicate the object or end of action, thought, desire, etc.): to gaze on a scene.
- (used to indicate subject, reference, or respect): views on public matters.
- (used to indicate an encounter): The pickpocket crept up on a victim.
- on the bow, [Naut.]bow3 (def. 7).
- in, into, or onto a position of being supported or attached: Sew the buttons on.
- in, into, or onto a position of covering or wrapping: Put your raincoat on.
- fast to a thing, as for support: Hold on!
- toward a place, point, activity, or object: to look on while others work.
- forward, onward, or along, as in any course or process: further on.
- with continuous activity: to work on.
- into or in active operation or performance: Turn the gas on.
- on and off, off (def. 22a).
- on and on, at great length, so as to become tiresome: They rambled on and on about their grandchildren.
- operating or in use: The television set was on. Is your brake on?
- taking place;
occurring: Don't you know there's a war on?
- performing or broadcasting: The radio announcer told us we were on.
- behaving in a theatrical, lively, or ingratiating way: Around close friends, one doesn't have to be on every minute.
- functioning or performing at one's best: When she's on, no other tennis player is half as good.
- scheduled or planned: Anything on after supper?
- [Baseball.]positioned on a base or bases: They had two men on when he hit the home run.
- [Cricket.]noting that side of the wicket, or of the field, on which the batsman stands.
- on to, aware of the true nature, motive, or meaning of: I'm on to your little game.
- [Cricket.]the on side.
Thethe1 (stressed ᵺē; unstressed before a consonant ᵺə;
unstressed before a vowel ᵺē),USA pronunciation definite article.
- (used, esp. before a noun, with a specifying or particularizing effect, as opposed to the indefinite or generalizing force of the indefinite article a or an): the book you gave me; Come into the house.
- (used to mark a proper noun, natural phenomenon, ship, building, time, point of the compass, branch of endeavor, or field of study as something well-known or unique):the sun;
the past; the West.
- (used with or as part of a title): the Duke of Wellington; the Reverend John Smith.
- (used to mark a noun as indicating the best-known, most approved, most important, most satisfying, etc.): the skiing center of the U.S.; If you're going to work hard, now is the time.
- (used to mark a noun as being used generically): The dog is a quadruped.
- (used in place of a possessive pronoun, to note a part of the body or a personal belonging): He won't be able to play football until the leg mends.
- (used before adjectives that are used substantively, to note an individual, a class or number of individuals, or an abstract idea): to visit the sick; from the sublime to the ridiculous.
- (used before a modifying adjective to specify or limit its modifying effect): He took the wrong road and drove miles out of his way.
- (used to indicate one particular decade of a lifetime or of a century): the sixties; the gay nineties.
- (one of many of a class or type, as of a manufactured item, as opposed to an individual one): Did you listen to the radio last night?
- enough: He saved until he had the money for a new car. She didn't have the courage to leave.
- (used distributively, to note any one separately) for, to, or in each;
a or an: at one dollar the pound.
Wallwall (wôl),USA pronunciation n.
- any of various permanent upright constructions having a length much greater than the thickness and presenting a continuous surface except where pierced by doors, windows, etc.: used for shelter, protection, or privacy, or to subdivide interior space, to support floors, roofs, or the like, to retain earth, to fence in an area, etc.
- Usually, walls. a rampart raised for defensive purposes.
- an immaterial or intangible barrier, obstruction, etc., suggesting a wall: a wall of prejudice.
- a wall-like, enclosing part, thing, mass, etc.: a wall of fire; a wall of troops.
- an embankment to prevent flooding, as a levee or sea wall.
- the Wall. See Berlin Wall.
- the outermost film or layer of structural material protecting, surrounding, and defining the physical limits of an object: the wall of a blood cell.
- the side of a level or drift.
- the overhanging or underlying side of a vein;
a hanging wall or footwall.
- climb the walls or climb walls, to become tense or frantic: climbing the walls with boredom.
- drive or push to the wall, to force into a desperate situation;
humiliate or ruin completely: Not content with merely winning the match, they used every opportunity to push the inferior team to the wall.
- go over the wall, to break out of prison: Roadblocks have been set up in an effort to capture several convicts who went over the wall.
- go to the wall:
- to be defeated in a conflict or competition;
- to fail in business, esp. to become bankrupt.
- to be put aside or forgotten.
- to take an extreme and determined position or measure: I'd go to the wall to stop him from resigning.
- hit the wall, (of long-distance runners) to reach a point in a race, usually after 20 miles, when the body's fuels are virtually depleted and willpower becomes crucial to be able to finish.
- off the wall:
- beyond the realm of acceptability or reasonableness: The figure you quoted for doing the work is off the wall.
- markedly out of the ordinary;
bizarre: Some of the clothes in the fashion show were too off the wall for the average customer.
- up against the wall:
- placed against a wall to be executed by a firing squad.
- in a crucial or critical position, esp. one in which defeat or failure seems imminent: Unless sales improve next month, the company will be up against the wall.
- up the wall, into an acutely frantic, frustrated, or irritated state: The constant tension in the office is driving everyone up the wall.
- of or pertaining to a wall: wall space.
- growing against or on a wall: wall plants; wall cress.
- situated, placed, or installed in or on a wall: wall oven; a wall safe.
- to enclose, shut off, divide, protect, border, etc., with or as if with a wall (often fol. by in or off): to wall the yard; to wall in the play area; He is walled in by lack of opportunity.
- to seal or fill (a doorway or other opening) with a wall: to wall an unused entrance.
- to seal or entomb (something or someone) within a wall (usually fol. by up): The workmen had walled up the cat quite by mistake.
Hi folks, this photo is about Kitchen Planter Gallery #1 Hang Them On The Wall. It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this photo is 1114 x 1486. It's file size is only 71 KB. If You desired to download This image to Your laptop, you might Click here. You might too see more attachments by clicking the picture below or see more at here: Kitchen Planter.
a diverse environment inside the home tones of white and Kitchen Planter appear to supply an impression. Employed about the internal wall of the stove (cooking area) to produce acrylic splashes easy to clear. Home with a layout that is traditional will be to implement kitchen backsplash tile with a kite shape effect is given by floral and beige accents towards the brown shade in a few pieces. Shades-of white is actually a favorite in designing akitchen. So also is employed within the kitchen below.
Home cabinet white shade combines using a floral theme with the kitchen backsplash tile rather green and white. Applying your kitchen tile about the kitchen sink with blue ceramic motif patterned national make room kitchen friend become more neat. Kitchens are currently pursuing significantly unique.
If the typical hardwood Kitchen Planter employing a ceramic material, then the kitchen below applying normal rock shaped about the wall in your cooking like hardwood / range. Your kitchen is always to supply influence and vivid shades with orange and a kitchen freezer storage. Elements of lamp light while in the kitchen producing romantic setting of the kitchen and comfy!